Nuvi 255 cannot find satellite signal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nuvi 255 cannot find satellite signal

Just loaded the Roadguide map but cannot seem to get any Satellite signal at all. It was working fine in Ontario. Is there something I am supposed to do / initiate to get a satellite signal here in Makati?

Originally posted by wbs_ph01 View Post
    Just loaded the Roadguide map but cannot seem to get any Satellite signal at all. It was working fine in Ontario. Is there something I am supposed to do / initiate to get a satellite signal here in Makati?

the 1st sat. lock from another country always takes a long time, sometime about 30 minutes.
    for faster lock, go to an open space without any obstruction and wait

had my share of experience on this
    Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
    - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

TTFF is usually longer when you travel (with your gpsr off) a long distance. How long did you wait?

HTH
      ʇɐʞө uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ ʍɐʎ bo!uʇƨ, ꞁөɐ٨ө uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ pʁөɐq ⅽʁ∩wpƨ, ʞ!ꞁꞁ uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ ʇ!wө.

Comment

Try this.

Go to satellite view then tap and hold on Elevation. It should open up a new screen called GPS SNR Logging. Press Wrm Start then Quit.

Leave the GPS outside for a while and see what happens.
        Last edited by oj88; 08-12-2010, 22:33.
        There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Comment

Originally posted by hbt View Post
          the 1st sat. lock from another country always takes a long time, sometime about 30 minutes.
          for faster lock, go to an open space without any obstruction and wait

had my share of experience on this
          yeah.

piece of advice though...dont try it around makati area where bldgs are tall...youll end up searching for a grassy vacant lot by yourself.
          FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

Originally posted by oj88 View Post
            Try this.

Go to satellite view then tap and hold on Elevation. It should open up a new screen called GPS SNR Logging. Press Wrm Start then Quit.

Leave the GPS outside for a while and see what happens.
            I've waited patiently for a signal; but no success. Please be more specific about your idea "Go to satellite view". Example Tools / Settings / System where I ensured "GPS Similator" is on.

Comment

I've waited patiently for a signal; but no success. Please be more specific about your idea "Go to satellite view". Example Tools / Settings / System where I ensured "GPS Similator" is on.
              gps simulator should be off. your in simulation mode if its on.

what oj88 is saying...go to main menu where you can see 'where to', press satellite bars at upper portion of screen for 10sec, it will give you satellite view. you need to lock on 10 satellites to get a signal.
              FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

you need to lock on 10 satellites to get a signal

Originally posted by Reiji0463 View Post
                gps simulator should be off. your in simulation mode if its on.

NOTED: gps simulator is off.

what oj88 is saying...go to main menu where you can see 'where to', press satellite bars at upper portion of screen for 10sec, it will give you satellite view. you need to lock on 10 satellites to get a signal.
                NOTED: did as you suggest and I am watching acquired satellites. I have had up to 8 connections showing on-screen after 15 minutes. One of these connections is lit-up with green edges and the number 12 in the centre. The right-hand scale (showing a range 7, 12, 13, 16 etc, up to 32) has an up & down moving blue bar above the 12 scale position.

Now that I know how to do this (i.e. watch my satellite acquisition progress) I guess I will only need to take a trip up to Antipolo to actually get enough Satellite connections to actually work!!

God knows how it will ever work in Makati ... which was the point of the purchase in the first place!!!

Anyway, thanks to all who have tried to help me.

Comment

NOTED: did as you suggest and I am watching acquired satellites. I have had up to 8 connections showing on-screen after 15 minutes. One of these connections is lit-up with green edges and the number 12 in the centre. The right-hand scale (showing a range 7, 12, 13, 16 etc, up to 32) has an up & down moving blue bar above the 12 scale position.

Now that I know how to do this (i.e. watch my satellite acquisition progress) I guess I will only need to take a trip up to Antipolo to actually get enough Satellite connections to actually work!!

God knows how it will ever work in Makati ... which was the point of the purchase in the first place!!!

Anyway, thanks to all who have tried to help me.
                  whn you get the 1st sat. lock then you can use it in makati but mind you because of the tall buildings, there is a tendency to switch to the other road. hehehe
                  Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
                  - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Working...
                  X