Nuvi 255wt - TRAFFIC ALERTS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nuvi 255wt - TRAFFIC ALERTS

My just be a light hearted joke but my USA purchased navi 255wt has a lifetime TRAFFIC alert built into to it.. Knowing the traffic pattern in Manila, I was just wondering if there is a way to have a kind of traffic report pushed to the navi's that have that feature, perhaps from reports from drivers that are stuck in it.

AM radio.

seriously, that would entail, traffic data input, FM transmission of this traffic data, a receiver for Nüvi, etc. etc. too much to think about. hehe.
    ʇɐʞө uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ ʍɐʎ bo!uʇƨ, ꞁөɐ٨ө uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ pʁөɐq ⅽʁ∩wpƨ, ʞ!ꞁꞁ uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ ʇ!wө.

Comment

In Manila there is a very well developed traffic report system. As soon as you see street vendors in the road, you know major traffic build up ahead! Trouble by then too late to avoid! Maybe we just need to find out how the street vendors know?

Comment

h-i-l-a-r-i-o-u-s!

I completely forgot about that. well then, there you go, AM radio for head's up and vendors for confirmation. the vendor system IS actually a luzon-wide (i'd say nation-wide if I have been able to go further south) system jdcooperph.

seriously though
        Originally posted by bobbybe2
        My just be a light hearted joke but my USA purchased navi 255wt has a lifetime TRAFFIC alert built into to it.. Knowing the traffic pattern in Manila, I was just wondering if there is a way to have a kind of traffic report pushed to the navi's that have that feature, perhaps from reports from drivers that are stuck in it.
        to add to my previous answer, even if there was indeed a traffic alert system in the Philippines if it's not the one that your unit's supposed to subscribe too, it won't be of any use to you at all. Besides, the FLT subscription would probably apply to the region where the unit came from anyway. Best bet to test this would probably if one has a US-bought unit with the free lifetime traffic info subs and test it in Singapore, as I believe they have one there as I've been seeing alot of those traffic receivers being flashed in adds. HTH.
        Last edited by B2Bomber; 08-25-2010, 16:16.
        ʇɐʞө uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ ʍɐʎ bo!uʇƨ, ꞁөɐ٨ө uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ pʁөɐq ⅽʁ∩wpƨ, ʞ!ꞁꞁ uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ ʇ!wө.

Comment

Working...
        X