Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how to transfer my saved routes from unit to mmc?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how to transfer my saved routes from unit to mmc?

i have a question (again hehe). just bought a mmc card. now i want to move my saved routes and poi's to my new mmc card. how do i do that? what filename should i look for? or where is it located on my gamin unit? thanks

didn't you have another post in your older thread about this? anyway, I'm not quite sure what you intend to do but HTH:
    you can download your pois and tracks to mapsource.
    i don't know why you'd want to save them to your mmc (and I'm not familiar with your unit too) so let me just make a wild guess. these pois are probably your friends' houses or places you frequent, right? the only way CMIIW to save that outside the garmin system itself for archiving in your memcard is to save it to a custom POI file.
    ʇɐʞө uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ ʍɐʎ bo!uʇƨ, ꞁөɐ٨ө uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ pʁөɐq ⅽʁ∩wpƨ, ʞ!ꞁꞁ uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ ʇ!wө.

Comment

yeah sorry about that. can i delete it on my older post? you are correct, my friends house, client's houset, etc. i tried to use mapsource. i uploaded it then send to my mmc car. it said it was successfull. then i deleted my favorites. but the unit (255w) cant read it from the mmc. when i pressed the favorites it says its empty. but when i checked the mmc, there's a file there. dont know what to do now hehe.

when i save a new poi, can i make it a default to make the unit save it in mmc?

Comment

Originally posted by pitman View Post
        yeah sorry about that. can i delete it on my older post?
        I guess you still could... you know just so you don't get apprehended for double posting
        Originally posted by pitman
        you are correct, my friends house, client's houset, etc. i tried to use mapsource. i uploaded it then send to my mmc car. it said it was successfull. then i deleted my favorites. but the unit (255w) cant read it from the mmc. when i pressed the favorites it says its empty. but when i checked the mmc, there's a file there. dont know what to do now hehe.
        what file are we talking about? i mean, what do you see in your card? a .gdb or .img?
        if it's a .gdb, your POIs are there. but garmin will not read it. (it's not meant to do that.)
        if it's a .img, your POIs are there. (that's not how you add POIs to the map.) but garmin will read it.
        if you want an archive of your POIs, create a custom POI.
        Originally posted by pitman
        when i save a new poi, can i make it a default to make the unit save it in mmc?
        you'll have to consult your manual on that, but AFAIK, no. IMHO, even if you filled your PND with the max allowable POI, it shouldn't take up all your PND's internal memory.
        HTH
        ʇɐʞө uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ ʍɐʎ bo!uʇƨ, ꞁөɐ٨ө uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ pʁөɐq ⅽʁ∩wpƨ, ʞ!ꞁꞁ uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ ʇ!wө.

Comment

i already deleted my other message (on my older post). thanks =)

its in .gpx and .adm

since i was recording the poi's and waypoints, i noticed my unit seems to "recalculate" roads more slowly.

ill try to move my map on the mmc and just let the "recordings" be on the unit.

Comment

Originally posted by pitman View Post
            i already deleted my other message (on my older post). thanks =)

its in .gpx and .adm

since i was recording the poi's and waypoints, i noticed my unit seems to "recalculate" roads more slowly.

ill try to move my map on the mmc and just let the "recordings" be on the unit.
            to save space in your internal mem, you could move you .bin log files (for your tracks) to you pcs for archiving.
            the sluggishness of your unit can be attributed to the number of maps you've got loaded, say, if you've got the MFM maps for Th, My, Sg, Bn and Id combined with RGPh map. as I would think your internal mem would actually be faster than your card, I would suggest you look into stream lining your map collection first, if any.

hth

Comment

Working...
            X