205w slot card issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

205w slot card issue

hi guys..if you have a nuvi 205w unit,do you encountered that the memory slot card is not reading or not functioning?mine is not responding but when i tried to read the SD card to my laptop is working fine,is there any chance to repair for this issue??thanks..

what file did you put inside the sd card that the nuvi cannot read
    Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
    - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

hbt hi,its only the RG basic 1.07 map..when i tried to plug-in my nuvi 205w my laptop its the garmin drive e.g f:/ only the memory slot card reader on my nuvi is not seen anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by coycasil View Post
        when i tried to plug-in my nuvi 205w my laptop its the garmin drive e.g f:/ only the memory slot card reader on my nuvi is not seen anymore.
        cant understand please rephrase
        Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
        - Bruce Lee

Comment

205w memory slot

sorry hbt,what i mean is that,its only the RG basic 1.07 map was installed on my SD card..when i tried to plug-in my nuvi 205w on my laptop its viewing only the garmin drive f:/,but the memory slot card reader drive on my nuvi is not seen anymore on my PC.

Comment

try to do this...with the sd inside the unit

at mapsource, click send (the selected map) to device
            a window will pop out, you'll see your unit id right...
            on the right side of the unit id, click the drop down and select the sd
            then click transfer.

see what happens
            - Bruce Lee

Comment

Originally posted by coycasil View Post
              sorry hbt,what i mean is that,its only the RG basic 1.07 map was installed on my SD card..when i tried to plug-in my nuvi 205w on my laptop its viewing only the garmin drive f:/,but the memory slot card reader drive on my nuvi is not seen anymore on my PC.
              and you said you tested your card with your laptop and your laptop can see it? does the 205 see the data in the card then?
              ʇɐʞө uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ ʍɐʎ bo!uʇƨ, ꞁөɐ٨ө uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ pʁөɐq ⅽʁ∩wpƨ, ʞ!ꞁꞁ uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ ʇ!wө.

Comment

hi hbt,i tried it transfering data using mapsource following your instructions but see theres an error coming up(see attached photo on my account profile)..tnx

Comment

hi b2bomber,yes in my laptop i can see the files containing on my SD card, but in my nuvi205w unit the SD card is not recognized..when i tried transfering data using mapsource an error shows up(please see attached photo on my account profile)...tnx

Comment

1st, why dont you load the v1.07 to your unit.
                    2nd, with regards to the sd card. is it generic. maybe the nuvi doesnt accept some brand.
                    3rd, to check, put a jpeg inside the sd card and see if the nuvi can identify
                    - Bruce Lee

Comment

before on my nuvi i can view both my GCC map installed on the root directory of my nuvi and RG 1.07 map installed on SD card,but now i can view only the GCC map..

Comment

slot card error

[QUOTE=hbt;38939]1st, why dont you load the v1.07 to your unit.
                        ans. hbt,sorry i was not informed you that i was using my nuvi here in ME.
                        2nd, with regards to the sd card. is it generic. maybe the nuvi doesnt accept some brand.
                        ans.im using Xtreme 512 SD card,is there any specific card for this nuvi unit?
                        3rd, to check, put a jpeg inside the sd card and see if the nuvi can identify.

Comment

do you have a card reader on your laptop?
                          - Bruce Lee

Comment

@hbt - he says he can read the card via his laptop so I guess he does
                            @coycasil - is it just me or it's time to really pay EO a visit. anyway, I can't see what's written on your attach file. BUT, going back to your prob, if you say it was working before and now it's not. Maybe you could just try to reformat (of course backup your data first) your SD card and then try to load data into it again. If your PC can still see the card but your GPSr can't, it's either your cards got an issue or your GPSr's slot has.
                            And don't worry about being in M.E., you could (I think, not familiar with your unit) always go into simulator mode to test the map.
                            HTH
                            ʇɐʞө uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ ʍɐʎ bo!uʇƨ, ꞁөɐ٨ө uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ pʁөɐq ⅽʁ∩wpƨ, ʞ!ꞁꞁ uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ ʇ!wө.

Comment

sd card is for picture storing only i guess. you can only install maps on the unit memory itself but not in sd card.

Comment

Working...
                              X