205W Weak Satellite Signals in Manila?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

205W Weak Satellite Signals in Manila?

Have been trying my 205W in Metro Manila for a few days now and noticed that the unit drops or loses satellite signals very often. Driving partly under MRT or flyovers drops the signal easily. Is this normal? Is there a setting that I'm perhaps missing?

Thanks,
    BobD

Originally posted by bobd View Post
    Have been trying my 205W in Metro Manila for a few days now and noticed that the unit drops or loses satellite signals very often. Driving partly under MRT or flyovers drops the signal easily. Is this normal? Is there a setting that I'm perhaps missing?

Thanks,
    BobD
    yes its normal.
    and i think some tint will affect the signal
    Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
    - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

normal. hence, assuming everything else is ok, the only thing you're missing is the signal -- while you're in the concrete jungle. ofcourse there are ways to improve signal strength too. read around.

hth
      ʇɐʞө uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ ʍɐʎ bo!uʇƨ, ꞁөɐ٨ө uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ pʁөɐq ⅽʁ∩wpƨ, ʞ!ꞁꞁ uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ ʇ!wө.

Comment

i had the same plorblem on my Nuvi 610 installed on a Peugeot 307. I noticed that the windshield of a PUG 307 has some metal mesh which is obvious on its sides. I guess this prevents the satellite signals from reaching the Nuvi.

My solution was simple. I bought an external gps antenna which i attached on the Pug's roof. Problem solved.

Btw, the Nuvi 610 was previously installed on a Honda Jazz and a Nissan Sentra and had no problem with dropping signals even without an external gps antenna.

Comment

Thank you all for your responses, will research external antenna.

Anyone extended a 205W?

Comment

Working...
          X