Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

205W Does not announce Manila street names.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

205W Does not announce Manila street names.

Mine just says turn left or right but never announces Metro Manila street names. Anyone know how I can make my 205W announce streetnames using the roadquide basic map? I'm still working on qualifying for the contributor's map, but does this map fare any better?

Thanks,
    BobD

Originally posted by bobd View Post
    Mine just says turn left or right but never announces Metro Manila street names. Anyone know how I can make my 205W announce streetnames using the roadquide basic map? I'm still working on qualifying for the contributor's map, but does this map fare any better?

Thanks,
    BobD
    205 will not speak street name. other model will
    Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
    - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Originally posted by bobd View Post

Thanks,
      BobD
      hi. i think 205w doesn't speak street names. it will only say "turn right in 500 meters" it will not say "turn right on rizal st in 500 meters"
      pls read this https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?...=true#specsTab

Comment

the nuvi 205 and 205w doesnt speak street names.even if you installed ttf files in it. The 205 is the most basic or base model of the nuvi series. The next model up which can speak street names is the nuvi 255 and 255W.

Comment

for me i prefer them to say "turn right in 200 mt" and get ready to turn than "turn right at lapu lapu st" in which you have to look which is lapu lapu st.

but thats me
          Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
          - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Ah, okay. Good information feedback. I understand that perhaps simpler (no street names) is truly better.

But out of curiosity and the novelty of it, i'll try a 255,and hopefully, street name announcements can be turned on or off.

Besides, a friend wants my 205 and I just can'y say no to her.

Comment

Before you buy another model, please check first the other alternatives, at least you have a more informed decision next time. There is even a table here: http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=2561

From what I recently learned (Thanks kuya Jan)... I think you can set the Nuvi units to either english language or English with TTS (Text to Speech). If you do not want your unit to speak the streets, do not choose the language that has TTS.

I guess in short the 205 does not have TTS function. At least if you get a higher model you have the choice to turn it on or off. Me? I just like the voice of Karen so I don't care what she says

TTFN
              Arvin

Comment

Philippine map for my Nuvi205w?

Where can I download the latest and complete Philippine map for my Garmin Nuvi205w?

Comment

Kent,

Welcome to Roadguide.ph

Please read:
                  How To FAQ
                  What you asked should be all listed there.

For your info, the free map is not the latest updated version.
                  The Contributor's map is the latest version but you'd have to be a contributor first. How? should be in the FAQ

TTFN
                  Arvin

Comment

205w

Have both the 205W and 1200, 1200 will say street names of course in British/English accent. Bought 2008 version map off Travel by GPS, the NLEX north of Subic south of Luisita was not complete. Any ideas on mapping software? and equipment? Travel by GPS offers Mapwel....

Comment

Working...
                    X