Best models so far

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best models so far

Can anyone please list & if possible rank the models that work very efficiently so far especially in Manila? Thanks

Wow, I think it is better if this was done through a poll, but working very effectively is rather relative. I mean I have a Nuvi 1350 and so far I think it is working effectively, specially with the updated maps of Roadguide.ph. But the interface is not so great, sometimes it is difficult to even type a name for a waypoint, not sure if the screen cover has anything to do with it. But in general I am happy with the unit.

Comment

I would suggest you:
      1. come up with a budget
      2. list what activities you'd like to do with a GPSr (mapping/tracking, nav, for car, bike, etc.)
      3. then either check out Garmin's site and compare possible units that may suit your needs or, check out the Nuvi All You Want in the Vendors' forum - there's a matrix of available units from the vendor with each unit's features listed... assuming of course that you're looking at a garmin.

HTH
      ʇɐʞө uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ ʍɐʎ bo!uʇƨ, ꞁөɐ٨ө uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ pʁөɐq ⅽʁ∩wpƨ, ʞ!ꞁꞁ uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ ʇ!wө.

Comment

Got nuvi 1200 and I'm satisfied with it. I'm using it mostly in metro manila and in bulacan.

Comment

New GPS

I want to buy a new GPS before a trip to Phils. Anyone please have ideas on ease of use and that gets good signal. Are the ones at Costco any good?

Comment

Originally posted by real View Post
            I want to buy a new GPS before a trip to Phils. Anyone please have ideas on ease of use and that gets good signal. Are the ones at Costco any good?

stick to garmin nuvi products. 205 is the cheapest. costcos price is reasonable, dont forget to ask for freebies

welcome to roadguide BTW
            Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
            - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

i have tried a 205 and 1300 side by side while routing, and bascially, there are no differences, aside from TTS. any nuvi will get you from point a to b via same route. other features like bluetooth are just icing on the cake and most of the times, you won't be using them. others like traffic updates etc, are not applicable here. so stick with a nuvi, preferrably with TTS and a 4.3 inch screen and you're good to go here in the Phil. and if you want a really good signal esp in areas with plenty of high rise, just get a re-radiating antenna
              no waypoint left unturned

Comment

Hi, I'm also about to purchase my Nuvi this month. Max budget is 10k. I've read some things online and they say 255w is the "bang for buck" (aka. sulit) model, price and performance-wise. Is this true?

I'm just going to use it around Manila and probably some rare out of town trips.
                Last edited by Deguu; 10-27-2010, 15:40.

Comment

Originally posted by Deguu View Post
                  Hi, I'm also about to purchase my Nuvi this month. Max budget is 10k. I've read some things online and they say 255w is the "bang for buck" (aka. sulit) model, price and performance-wise. Is this true?

I'm just going to use it around Manila and probably some rare out of town trips.

if you can, buy it at the states. half the price.

nuvi 255- good model
                  nuvi 265- better model
                  Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
                  - Bruce Lee

Comment

Originally posted by hbt View Post
                    if you can, buy it at the states. half the price.

nuvi 255- good model
                    nuvi 265- better model
                    Aside from Bluetooth functionalities and traffic receiver (which doesn't work here), what makes the 265 better and worth more buying?

So, I've narrowed my choices to the 255w and 1350 Taiwan Version because, apparently, it can show POIs while navigating. Did I make the right choices here?

Comment

waitaminute, I am not sure if mine is the 1350 taiwan, someone said that mine is probably Taiwan model coz it was bought in Singapore, but no I do not see all the POIs while in 3D mode. I found that it is one of the things that is needing on my unit. Some say that it might be better this way because we don't want the display to be cluttered with all the POIs, but I would rather have the choice of choosing all POIs to be displayed and less, but I tried to set it to so that I can see all, still no go. I can see all the POIs in another view though, but that view does not allow the unit to automatically scroll forward while driving, so that is useless when navigating.

I do see some POIs though, but this I really notice, specially in 3D mode. It is a glaring problem for me because I sometimes save a waypoint of a POI that is not there only to find out that it is actually there when I check out the map in Mapsource. Ask or test a bit more before you buy.

TTFN
                      Arvin

Comment

Aside from Bluetooth functionalities and traffic receiver (which doesn't work here), what makes the 265 better and worth more buying?

So, I've narrowed my choices to the 255w and 1350 Taiwan Version because, apparently, it can show POIs while navigating. Did I make the right choices here?
                        best check this out

http://gpstracklog.com/compare/garmi...mparison-chart
                        - Bruce Lee

Comment

I've decided to go with the 1350. Thanks!

Comment

I've decided to go with the 1350. Thanks!
                            bro, kindly pm me price and where you bought it? thanks!-gi

Comment

Originally posted by arvin555 View Post
                              waitaminute, I am not sure if mine is the 1350 taiwan, someone said that mine is probably Taiwan model coz it was bought in Singapore...
                              musta been me. though, fyi: singapore sells both localized (Taiwan) and US/Euro models. depending where you bought it.
                              Originally posted by arvin555
                              but no I do not see all the POIs while in 3D mode.
                              what scale? mine's good at <=80m scale
                              Last edited by B2Bomber; 11-25-2010, 23:56. Reason: verified the scale
                              ʇɐʞө uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ ʍɐʎ bo!uʇƨ, ꞁөɐ٨ө uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ pʁөɐq ⅽʁ∩wpƨ, ʞ!ꞁꞁ uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ ʇ!wө.

Comment

Working...
                              X