Help with Garmin 295w

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with Garmin 295w

Hey everyone. Need your help with my new unit Garmin 295w. Where do we get the unlock code for the region for the road maps?

Please help. Thanks.

Originally posted by jonjel View Post
    Hey everyone. Need your help with my new unit Garmin 295w. Where do we get the unlock code for the region for the road maps?

Please help. Thanks.
    best read this first http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=1526
    Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
    - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Hi hbt,

I did all that but i always get "can't unlock maps" when i open my device. installed training center, mapsource and 1.07.

thanks

Comment

Jonjel,

Please try the following steps and let us know the result.

1. Open Mapsource.
        2. Click Utilites > Manage Map products

You should then be able to see probably 2 map products.
        a. Basemap
        b. Roadguide.ph 1.07 basic map

it will also show the version 1.07 and Status Locked, unlocked or Not lockable then installation location.

You should see that your Map version sis "Not lockable" meaning it is unlocked

That means the map should regardless of unit ID. So basically there is no need for any Unlock codes.

If you find it is different, then please backtrack, you might have downloaded the wrong file or something. Post back

HTH

TTFN
        Arvin

Comment

Got it thanks.

Comment

Jonjel,

You mean you got it working already?

If so can you please give us a bit of info what happened?

It just occurred to me that one possible mistake that we can do is to not check if the correct map is chosen in the upper left hand corner of map source, we might mistakenly try to upload the demo map instead of the 1.07 map.

TTFN
            Arvin

Comment

Working...
            X