X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i have a question, is it possible to see more
    icons in 37XX models? mine only shows icons
    if it is in my favorites...
    Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.
    - Desiderata - Max Ehrmann

Comment

Originally posted by VFORCE3 View Post
      i have a question, is it possible to see more
      icons in 37XX models? mine only shows icons
      if it is in my favorites...
      You mean when navigating? it's not possible when you're using a US version... its a firmware limitation... its the singapore version that shows poi's when navigating.

Comment

Originally posted by Liv View Post
        You mean when navigating? it's not possible when you're using a US version... its a firmware limitation... its the singapore version that shows poi's when navigating.
        thanks, next time i will limit my purchases to Singaporean Garmin products
        Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.
        - Desiderata - Max Ehrmann

Comment

Originally posted by Liv View Post

@ Liv, How do you determine if the device you have purchased is US or Singapore version? Can you change the region by its firmware? It seems I got the US version too.

Comment

Originally posted by Drigs30 View Post
            @ Liv, How do you determine if the device you have purchased is US or Singapore version? Can you change the region by its firmware? It seems I got the US version too.

One way of knowing is by the map that is pre installed in the device... basically, nuvis that are bought from the states naturally is flashed with the US firmware... singapore nuvis are called localized units... mine is singapore version, since i bought it there.

AFAIK, US version can be flashed to Taiwanese firmware but do it at your own risk.

Comment

Anybody who tried updating the firmware of "Nuvi US version" to Taiwanese?

Comment

I am interested in this too.

Comment

You need to google it, also you may loose some functionality (feature) of your current firmware when you change to other firmware. Plus risk of bricking the unit.

Comment

Working...
                  X