Garmin Nuvi 780

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Garmin Nuvi 780

Hi, am a newbie with this forum. I have been a Garmin user in the U.S., that is, whenever I would rent a car from Hertz.

I have a line on getting a good deal from a seller in another forum for a brand new Garmin 780.

Would you guys recommend this unit? The seller is saying that it is pre-loaded with N.A. and also a Philippine map.

Hoping for your inputs.

thanks,

nbc

buy it from the USA. 3x cheaper than the price here.
    its preloaded with US map

then download the standard philippines map here for free,
    learn how to contribute data and get the contributors map here also for free.

oh BTW, welcome to roadguide
    Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
    - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply, hbt.

The seller is selling the Garmin 780 for 12k pesos. Seems like a good price to me, compared to the Amazon.com price.

Would be nice if I could get one in Best Buy... but, my next trip to the U.S. is 1Qtr. next year. I'm not sure if I can wait that long. hehe.

nbc

Comment

I think you are buying the 780 from sulit.com right? Yes, that piece is okay I have been using that. The price the posted there are reasonable. I bought mine from US and send it via US Postal service it cost me P9900 + 1000 customs duties = P10,900.00, if they are selling P11k+ here then buy it. They are all the same made in taiwan. the Seller in Sulit.com just posted the Garmin items after I bought my piece from the US. If Seller posted it earlier then I should ahve bought one from.
        Re-the free phil. map. For sure it is an basic version if he downloaded it from roadguide, otherwise it is from OSMphil.

Comment

12k is a great price for it if you can get it in hand now

Comment

This model has been discontinued in the US. I suspect because the MSN service (ie traffic updates, gas prices, etc) which this unit features will be shut down come January 2012.

However this means you can now get this really cheap.

I am still very happy with my unit. Took several minutes though in the beginning for it to "learn" where to find the Philippine satellites. But is a solid unit that works great.

Comment

Working...
            X