Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Voice (Tagalog) I use in my GPS .. it's funny!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Voice (Tagalog) I use in my GPS .. it's funny!

really it's good to read the threads here in rg, where i learned (and also from my prof. hbt & doki) the features of gps navigator. and one of that is using your own voice in your vernacular language (for me "tagalog") as your guide in navigation. with that, there's always a happy moment as you drive, for it makes me, my family & friends laugh as they hear there guide. .... i know most of you knew it but have you tried it? and make yourself a star in your trip.

for those who don't know yet, here's the links and download the "gamin voice studio"

http://www.garmin.com/garmin/cms/us/...ad/voicestudio

Thanks for sharing, was just talking about different voice guidance available for download (for a fee) in the internet. But this is better... it can be customized. I guess this is what HBT meant when he mentioned I should do a search.

Oh and we have the same Sensei... wait no Master Shifu... HBT. The other masters are great teachers but because I was taught by Master Shifu I am an "RG Jeet Ku no" student!

Will have a go with this software soon. I just hope we can find some sexy local actress to do the voice prompts.... hmmm, I wonder if we can sell those? How about Kris Aquino... (oh different topic from sexy actress already okay?).... wait oh she is the presidential sister now... I go and shut up now!

TTFN
    Arvin

Comment

Originally posted by arvin555 View Post

Will have a go with this software soon. I just hope we can find some sexy local actress to do the voice prompts.... hmmm, I wonder if we can sell those? How about Kris Aquino... (oh different topic from sexy actress already okay?).... wait oh she is the presidential sister now... I go and shut up now!

TTFN
      Arvin
      yup will go on to this project to include "tagalog" in the list of language used in gps command, and hope we can find a sexy voice to do the prompts.

attached is my "tagalog" translation used and it's open for editing by anybody for a better translation.
      Attached Files

Comment

actually kuya, you can upload the tagalog file which is located inside the garmin folder (when you attach the nuvi to the pc)
        under subfolder "voice"

just copy the tagalog.vpm and the tagalog.sum
        zip it and upload it here to share

btw... suggestion

maybe you can do this:

recalculating - makulit ka, ayaw mo sumunod kaya kalkula ulit tayo
        arriving at - ito na yun hinahanap mong lugar

hahaha
        Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
        - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

While downloading the file, I saw that there are some free voices from Garmin, so I am downloading some to test. However there is no beating custom voices I think.

http://www8.garmin.com/vehicles/index.html (Click on the quick links on the right hand side of the screen)

Aside from freevoices I downloaded quite a few vehicle icons as well, some looks like fun.

I was telling my brother and sister in law while in my car and the using the Navi that we can record voices, and if we can find a sexy star to record their voice. My Sis in law said that instead of recalculating, the sexy star can say... "Oh Honey sumobra ka...pero dibale meron pang iba... teka lang"
          or say.. "Oh sweety Kanan ka" or "Babes ka-li-wa". We'll see what we can come up with. I haven't tested the software yet.

Oh no! HBT, I might have to let go of Karen after all

TTFN
          Arvin
          Last edited by arvin555; 09-14-2010, 01:43.

Comment

Originally posted by arvin555 View Post

Oh no! HBT, I might have to let go of Karen after all

TTFN
            Arvin

karen is not much of a girl, and you like HIS voice
            Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
            - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Originally posted by rexiejun View Post
              yup will go on to this project to include "tagalog" in the list of language used in gps command, and hope we can find a sexy voice to do the prompts.

attached is my "tagalog" translation used and it's open for editing by anybody for a better translation.
              Maybe some RG members who have bedroom voice can upload the filipino vpm and sum file for our testing, or you can share yours!, can we have a translation in Tagalog? the translations seems in Pilipino (malalim eh) Thanks for sharing btw.

Comment

Working...
              X