Nuvi 660 problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nuvi 660 problem

sirs im a newbie when it comes to GPS and in this community, and i'm seeking help for my GPS its a nuvi 660.. i already downloaded the basic map but unfortunately there are some issues..

1. it keeps on displaying "Acquiring Satellite"
    2. the car symbol doesn't fit on the display for the road as if the map itself is small for the car symbol..

hope to get some help from the gurus here.. thanks in advance

Can take a long time (30 minutes) to acquire satellites for first time. Get into an open space and have patience! Next time round, it should be much quicker.

Comment

Originally posted by JDCOOPERPH View Post
      Can take a long time (30 minutes) to acquire satellites for first time. Get into an open space and have patience! Next time round, it should be much quicker.
      thanks for the quick reply sir appreciate it

Comment

Originally posted by bigbowwow33 View Post
        sirs im a newbie when it comes to GPS and in this community, and i'm seeking help for my GPS its a nuvi 660.. i already downloaded the basic map but unfortunately there are some issues..

2. the car symbol doesn't fit on the display for the road as if the map itself is small for the car symbol..

1. Be sure to update the firmware of your unit via web updater (can be dowloaded in garmin website) if your problem persist.
        2. You can change the car icon on the settings, you can also download other icons from the web.

Comment

1. yeah be patient, first time satellite lock can take as long as 40mins.
          2. car symbol is for representation only to tell your location, it doesnt matter if its fit or not. width of roads in the map can vary as per classification, major roads can be wider than ordinary roads.
          FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

Originally posted by Reiji0463 View Post
            1. yeah be patient, first time satellite lock can take as long as 40mins.
            2. car symbol is for representation only to tell your location, it doesnt matter if its fit or not. width of roads in the map can vary as per classification, major roads can be wider than ordinary roads.
            thanks for the suggestion sir.. about the car symbol not fitting the map, the car symbol is actually not on the line itself w/c represents the road but its on the far left side of the line w/c does not tell you if you are on the right path.. i hope you guys can help me make this work coz i want to maximize the use of the device and i also want to be a contributor here in road guide

Comment

thanks for the suggestion sir.. about the car symbol not fitting the map, the car symbol is actually not on the line itself w/c represents the road but its on the far left side of the line w/c does not tell you if you are on the right path.. i hope you guys can help me make this work coz i want to maximize the use of the device and i also want to be a contributor here in road guide
              solving the first problem should automatically solve the second.

Comment

Originally posted by pokz View Post
                solving the first problem should automatically solve the second.
                pare, parang confucius ah (you sound like confucius)
                Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
                - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

thanks to all those who helped i was able to make it work already

Comment

Working...
                  X