Stolen nuvi360

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stolen nuvi360

ALERT: My nuvi 360 w/ serial no.:16L222141 was stolen upon check-in at NAIA last saturday afternoon (10-9-2010). I was on my way to Tacloban City via Cebu Pacific when my GPS was stolen. just found out when I unpacked my bag this morning.

I know that there's a very slim chance that it can be recovered but at least everybody in this forum is aware of the stolen unit.

Thanks.

Sorry to hear about your Nuvi being Stolen Glock.

Just for clarification.

1. Your Nuvi was in your checked in baggage?
    2. You think it was lost after check in and before getting your back from baggage claim area at your destination?

(So basically someone from NAIA 3 went through your baggage and stole your unit?)

You should file a claim with the airline that you took, just a suggestion.

Did you turn on the security feature of the GPS? Assuming that your's has it.

TTFN
    Arvin

Comment

Thanks for the heads up I am flying in to Tacloban next week. Will be extra careful.

Comment

Sorry to hear about your Nuvi being Stolen Glock.

Just for clarification.

1. Your Nuvi was in your checked in baggage?
        2. You think it was lost after check in and before getting your back from baggage claim area at your destination?

(So basically someone from NAIA 3 went through your baggage and stole your unit?)

You should file a claim with the airline that you took, just a suggestion.

Did you turn on the security feature of the GPS? Assuming that your's has it.
        Yup, my nuvi was inside my checked-in luggage. I suspected that it was stolen in NAIA while it was checked-In coz' before it was checked-in at the counter, I remember that I have the nuvi in my pocket so I put it in the side pocket of my bag and give my bag to the male attendant who tagged my bag. He saw it all.

No, I didn't turn on the security fearture.
        Last edited by Glock27; 10-11-2010, 07:42.

Comment

Gosh, too bad you didn't turn on the security feature, it at least will not allow the thief to use it, so it'll be a brick for him. That said I haven't turned on mine as well

Ah lesson learned, please keep expensive devices with you in your Carry on.
          Keep your bags locked with a padlock or built in locking device. I imagine that we can't claim against the airline because we can't prove that the device was there in the first place, but if the lock was broken or tampered with, maybe one has a chance to claim.

Glock, the bright side I can think of for you is that now you have better experience and information on what model you want to get next to replace your Nuvi.

TTFN
          Arvin

Comment

Gosh, too bad you didn't turn on the security feature, it at least will not allow the thief to use it, so it'll be a brick for him. That said I haven't turned on mine as well

Ah lesson learned, please keep expensive devices with you in your Carry on.
            Keep your bags locked with a padlock or built in locking device. I imagine that we can't claim against the airline because we can't prove that the device was there in the first place, but if the lock was broken or tampered with, maybe one has a chance to claim.

Glock, the bright side I can think of for you is that now you have better experience and information on what model you want to get next to replace your Nuvi.

TTFN
            Arvin

Yup, your'e right. I should have keep it with me and enable the security feature of the device.

luckily, a friend in the US got very upset by the incident that she bought a brand new nuvi255w and shipped it here to me. ETA 5 days.

Comment

Originally posted by Glock27 View Post

luckily, a friend in the US got very upset by the incident that she bought a brand new nuvi255w and shipped it here to me. ETA 5 days.

can you introduce us to that upset friend of yours. so that we can upset him and maybe he'll give us a nuvi also. hehehe

sorry... just cant help not to post (j/k)
              Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
              - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

can you introduce us to that upset friend of yours. so that we can upset him and maybe he'll give us a nuvi also. hehehe

sorry... just cant help not to post (j/k)
                it's a "HER". hehehe.

Comment

Ah Glock! Yes "her" the more that HBT will be asking you to introduce her to him (us, naki ride).

I am not an expert on Nuvi models, but I hope that the new model will suite your needs, I hope it's capable for 1sec tracks. Then again regardless, because she is giving to you as a gift anyway!

ETA 5 days, you better brush up on your How to in RG so that you can continue contributing so that you can get the contributor's map soon.

TTFN
                  Arvin

Comment

Ah Glock! Yes "her" the more that HBT will be asking you to introduce her to him (us, naki ride).

I am not an expert on Nuvi models, but I hope that the new model will suite your needs, I hope it's capable for 1sec tracks. Then again regardless, because she is giving to you as a gift anyway!

ETA 5 days, you better brush up on your How to in RG so that you can continue contributing so that you can get the contributor's map soon.

TTFN
                    Arvin
                    Arvin, hhmmm.... I'll think about it first. hehehehe.

neither do i but as far as what i use my GPS is for, I'm fine with the nuvi255W and yes, it does have a 1sec track log.

You're right, I'm now in the process of learning how to contribute. Expect some newbie questions from me soon. hehehe

GLOCK27

Comment

hahaha, Glock if your decision to introduce your friend to only one person will make it easier, then yeah go ahead and introduce HBT only

On a more serious note:

Please review:
                      HOW TO FAQ

But of course if you have any other questions or clarifications ask away. HBT is your guy, I am just here to make side comments

1sec tracks of new roads, 1 sec tracks of existing roads (for calibration purpose) and Waypoints are the way to go to contribute.

TTFN
                      Arvin

Comment

ehem.....

am i being sold cheaply here

hahaha

question are very welcome.
                        we are closing down for a few days due to server migration so maybe your question have to wait
                        Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
                        - Bruce Lee

Comment

question are very welcome.
                          HBT, can we differentiate between roads and trails?

Comment

Originally posted by Glock27 View Post
                            HBT, can we differentiate between roads and trails?
                            roads - daanan (street): a strip of ground usually with a hard level surface for people, vehicles to travel on

trails - ang pinag daanan mo (the route you took): a line or series of maks, left by something as it passes
                            Last edited by hbt; 10-15-2010, 01:13.
                            - Bruce Lee

Comment

I mean, in the GPS, can we differentiate or identify if it's a road or only a trail. I'm planning to contribute including trails that are not accessible by car. (some routes in our place that leads to our ECOTOURISM PACKAGE like mountain climbing and caving)

Comment

Working...
                              X