Garmin 1200, 1300 and 1410

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Garmin 1200, 1300 and 1410

Which one is better for our roads? I want it to be multi-functional as well. I'm planning to give one to my husband for Christmas and I'm confused as to what model to get.

Also, are the prices for the said units correct somehow?
    1200 - P10,500.00
    1300 - P16,000.00
    1410 - P22,500.00

When I called L.A. Eastern Satellite Technologies, Inc. it seemed that they DO NOT have an idea on the differences and features of these models. Hope someone could enlighten me.

Many thanks!

Originally posted by Carmela_K View Post
    Which one is better for our roads? I want it to be multi-functional as well. I'm planning to give one to my husband for Christmas and I'm confused as to what model to get.

1200 - P10,500.00
    1300 - P16,000.00
    1410 - P22,500.00

When I called L.A. Eastern Satellite Technologies, Inc. it seemed that they DO NOT have an idea on the differences and features of these models. Hope someone could enlighten me.

Many thanks!

Hope this help although the 1410 is not listed here: http://gpstracklog.com/compare/garmi...mparison-chart

with regards to the prices, if you have a way to buy it in the states, much cheaper
    Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
    - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Originally posted by Carmela_K View Post

1200 - P10,500.00
      1300 - P16,000.00
      1410 - P22,500.00

Many thanks!
      if you don't have means buying from the US, please check the vendor's site on this forum. units being sold there are much more reasonably priced.

Comment

Nuvi 1300

Hi guys, i just bought a nuvi 1300 here in the US, its really cheap here, i got mine thru amazon, lot cheaper than retail stores...anyway, i think theres a problem uploading the latest contributors map with the latest units from garmin coz my unit says "can't unlocked maps" when i open it....i already have the latest version downloaded and installed, its running in mapsource ver 6.16.2 which was patched by one of our members... anyways, i already have a nuvi 205W and the latest map work just fine with it... i'm selling my old unit w/o our contributors map of course but then I need to be able to use my 1300 when I get back to Davao City in December...So, if anyone has any idea whats happening to my new unit and what needs to be done... i would really appreciate it.... thanks.......

Comment

by the way, the prices quoted here....they're really ridiculous....grabe ang patong...........more than half....

Comment

actually, the cheapest you can buy ANY garmin nuvi unit would be at Taiwan, in case you know someone from there. BTW, i recently found out that taiwan based nuvis have the option of displaying your preferred POIs while routing.
            no waypoint left unturned

Comment

Originally posted by mausolis View Post
              by the way, the prices quoted here....they're really ridiculous....grabe ang patong...........more than half....
              Well it is just fair included already are custom duties and other expenses incured by the importer.

I agree if there are opportunities to get it in US then it is really better.
              Last edited by Shakatak; 11-03-2010, 17:56.

Comment

Hi guys, i just bought a nuvi 1300 here in the US, its really cheap here, i got mine thru amazon, lot cheaper than retail stores...anyway, i think theres a problem uploading the latest contributors map with the latest units from garmin coz my unit says "can't unlocked maps" when i open it....i already have the latest version downloaded and installed, its running in mapsource ver 6.16.2 which was patched by one of our members... anyways, i already have a nuvi 205W and the latest map work just fine with it... i'm selling my old unit w/o our contributors map of course but then I need to be able to use my 1300 when I get back to Davao City in December...So, if anyone has any idea whats happening to my new unit and what needs to be done... i would really appreciate it.... thanks.......

any news on this, planning to get another unit and the 1300 is looking quite good, if not for this issue above. thanks.

Comment

Uh ohh I'm set on getting the 1350 via Amazon as well. Good thing I read this. Looks like I'm getting the 205w

Did the latter worked flawlessly? Lady user here & I'm afraid I won't be able to follow complicated instructions hehehe

Comment

Originally posted by cgcom View Post
                    Uh ohh I'm set on getting the 1350 via Amazon as well. Good thing I read this. Looks like I'm getting the 205w

Did the latter worked flawlessly? Lady user here & I'm afraid I won't be able to follow complicated instructions hehehe

dont worry maam, we'll guide you to become a contributor

but 1st... you have to buy a nuvi correct
                    Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
                    - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Thanks sir! Looking forward to contributing to the group as well.

I just ordered from Amazon while USD is at lowest

Comment

Originally posted by cgcom View Post

i know 2 persons using 1300 and 1310 and both are working ok with rg map.
                        i think mau's prob is on unlock key.
                        FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

I'm using a nuvi 1350 and it's working great with our map!

Comment

hi,

i have the GN 1250...great unit...i like the Eco function...

Comment

My 1300

Well guys. theres nothing wrong with my unit, its just that I gave the judge my old unit ID...but now everything is working just fine...anyway,thanks to those who gave their time....cheers!

Comment

Working...
                              X