Recommended Nuvi model for Pinas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recommended Nuvi model for Pinas

Hi there, newbee here from California. I have been browsing this forum since I registered yesterday and must say lots of helpful information. Hats off to all the contributor and admin in this forum.
    One question though, what is the appropriate Nuvi minimum model recommended for Pinas using the Roadguide map you folks are doing? I plan to purchase a unit to keep in Pinas as I travel there twice a year to take care of business and travel around. Appreciate the help.

Originally posted by Python View Post
    Hi there, newbee here from California. I have been browsing this forum since I registered yesterday and must say lots of helpful information. Hats off to all the contributor and admin in this forum.
    One question though, what is the appropriate Nuvi minimum model recommended for Pinas using the Roadguide map you folks are doing? I plan to purchase a unit to keep in Pinas as I travel there twice a year to take care of business and travel around. Appreciate the help.
    minimum... nuvi 205 which cost around 85 usd
    Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
    - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

I assume 205 is way below 265W? I use 265 here in Calif. Thanks

Comment

No need to buy another one, IMO. Just load the roadguide map on your 265W and bring it along on your trip.
        There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Comment

Sirs, I'm also new here. I'm also planning to get a Garmin GPS in the states, would you recommend this for use here in the Philippines:

Garmin nüvi 260W 4.3-Inch Widescreen Portable GPS Navigator

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by rockyroad View Post
            Sirs, I'm also new here. I'm also planning to get a Garmin GPS in the states, would you recommend this for use here in the Philippines:

Garmin nüvi 260W 4.3-Inch Widescreen Portable GPS Navigator

Thanks
            welcome to roadguide
            260w is an old model and discontinued by garmin and also might not be able to record 1 sec. track

go for those units that ends in 5. e.g. 205w, 255w, 265w
            the W as you already know stands for wide screen
            Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
            - Bruce Lee

Comment

Originally posted by hbt View Post
              welcome to roadguide
              260w is an old model and discontinued by garmin and also might not be able to record 1 sec. track

go for those units that ends in 5. e.g. 205w, 255w, 265w
              the W as you already know stands for wide screen
              Thanks a lot Sir. Appreciate it. Will go for 265W then.

Comment

Originally posted by oj88 View Post
                No need to buy another one, IMO. Just load the roadguide map on your 265W and bring it along on your trip.
                Thanks, OJ. will just buy the SD card then.

Comment

205, 205w, 255, 255w and 1300. none of the FM one's its more expensive and you will never get to use it here.

Comment

Originally posted by rockyroad View Post
                    Thanks a lot Sir. Appreciate it. Will go for 265W then.

265 have bluetooth which i find very useful.
                    - Bruce Lee

Comment

hi hbt, can you please confirm that 265w is capable of 1 sec track, i will replace the 260w i already bought, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by conroe View Post
                        hi hbt, can you please confirm that 265w is capable of 1 sec track, i will replace the 260w i already bought, thanks.
                        265w does have 1-sec tracking capability. at least those that were bought from the US.

Comment

ok sir pokz, thanks, i saw it on amazon for only 99 dollars.

Comment

hi sir pokz, follow up question, how can i activate the 1sec trak of 265w, is 1234 sequence will do, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by conroe View Post
                              hi sir pokz, follow up question, how can i activate the 1sec trak of 265w, is 1234 sequence will do, thanks.

yes 1234 will do
                              - Bruce Lee

Comment

Working...
                              X