Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

planning to buy a 255w

hi guys newbie here,

I was planning to buy at amazon.com a 255w unit. I have not experienced to transact through them? Is it safe? I want to deliver it directly here in the philippines. is it possible? or is there another way which would be cheaper? Thanks

Originally posted by legion19 View Post
    hi guys newbie here,

I was planning to buy at amazon.com a 255w unit. I have not experienced to transact through them? Is it safe? I want to deliver it directly here in the philippines. is it possible? or is there another way which would be cheaper? Thanks
    is it perfectly safe to buy at amazon.com, and their gps prices are quite cheap. but they do not ship electronic items here. next best choice will be this...http://www.roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=3117

Comment

Originally posted by pokz View Post
      is it perfectly safe to buy at amazon.com, and their gps prices are quite cheap. but they do not ship electronic items here. next best choice will be this...http://www.roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=3117
      wow thanks sir pokz

I also saw an ad in sulit wherein the 255w is sold at P7,750. Is this a good buy?

Comment

may I also ask what is the usual time of the year in the US were they drop their prices for gps devices?

As of now I saw at amazon that the 255w is priced at $89.99

Thanks

Comment

may I also ask what is the usual time of the year in the US were they drop their prices for gps devices?

Thanks
          if you're not in a hurry, they usually have holiday sales. might be worth the wait.

Comment

Got mine for $89. Sent it to a relative in Cali coming home next week. Shipping was free (4 days). This is the cheapest way for me to get it, I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by gerrymunoz View Post
              Got mine for $89. Sent it to a relative in Cali coming home next week. Shipping was free (4 days). This is the cheapest way for me to get it, I guess.
              yes, that will be the best option.

Comment

hi guys newbie here,

Hi,

Actually I've been having electronics sent to the Philippines regularly using Johnny Air Cargo, a courier service. My own nuvi 295w was sent here to the Philippines by their service

What they charge is 7.5 USD per lb for electronics with a 2 lb minimum and 5 dollars handling fee per transaction.

The good thing about them is that they apparently don't get charged for customs and vat tax. If you do this via DHL, FedEx or USPS you will get charged around 27% of the documented value of the package. With JAC, all you pay is the shipping fee.

You first tag as the receiving address their office then notify them via email that you have a package coming in, then they will send it to you to their branch in makati or megamall for pickup after they receive it in their office. Expect about 1 week transit to the Philippines from the time they receive it in their US address.

More info is here http://chuvaness.livejournal.com/599187.html
                Last edited by geraldteo; 11-24-2010, 21:29.

Comment

Thanks
                  Now is the best time to have a relative in the US buy you one. Thanksgiving sale is up!

Comment

Working...
                  X