Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What would you choose 255w or 265w?

Hi guys,

just want to ask which do you prefer between the 2? I know that their difference is the handsfree bluetooth. Someone also said that the 265w has a voice in which it is hard to understand while the 255w is just okay.

Is there any model which is more better than the 2? Taking to consideration the features that are only applicable here in the Phillipines. In short models that is not outdated and are bang for the buck

I would like to know your comments.. thanks

Originally posted by legion19 View Post
    Hi guys,

just want to ask which do you prefer between the 2? I know that their difference is the handsfree bluetooth. Someone also said that the 265w has a voice in which it is hard to understand while the 255w is just okay.
    i'd go for 265. you can choose which voice you prefer(american english, british english etc.)

Is there any model which is more better than the 2? Taking to consideration the features that are only applicable here in the Phillipines. In short models that is not outdated and are bang for the buck

I would like to know your comments.. thanks
    anything thats higher than the 2 are of course better, i prefer 7 series. models that ends in 5 e.g. xx5 are the latest model, those ends in 0 are the old model (except those 4 digits model) so be careful if you decide to buy the unit that ends in 0. it might be a refurbished one.

HTH
    Last edited by hbt; 12-04-2010, 14:51.
    Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
    - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Originally posted by hbt View Post
      i'd go for 265. you can choose which voice you prefer(american english, british english etc.)

anything thats higher than the 2 are of course better, i prefer 7 series. models that ends in 5 e.g. xx5 are the latest model, those ends in 0 are the old model (except those 4 digits model) so be careful if you decide to buy the unit that ends in 0. it might be a refurbished one.

HTH
      Thanks sir Hbt ill try to consider your suggestion

Comment

The only notable feature the 265W has over the 255W is Bluetooth. (http://gpstracklog.com/compare/garmi...mparison-chart)

If you need it, the additional cost of owning the 265W over the 255W should be enough justification. As for me, I have Bluetooth on the head unit so a BT-capable GPS makes little sense.
        There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Comment

Originally posted by oj88 View Post
          The only notable feature the 265W has over the 255W is Bluetooth. (http://gpstracklog.com/compare/garmi...mparison-chart)

If you need it, the additional cost of owning the 265W over the 255W should be enough justification. As for me, I have Bluetooth on the head unit so a BT-capable GPS makes little sense.
          Thanks oj88

I think I would need the Bluetooth function of the 265w. I remembered that youre the one who compared the 265w and 255w. I think you said that it has a robotic voice compared to the 255w which makes it less tolerable. Care to elaborate about this? thanks

Comment

^ I wouldn't worry about it. It's just my perception anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by hbt View Post
              You can also do this with a 255W.

Comment

Originally posted by Walter View Post
                You can also do this with a 255W.
                i know you can. i said that because they're complaining that the voice in 265 is quite robotic
                Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
                - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

For me, the 265 takes an SD card, of which I already have lying around. The 255 takes a micro sd, which to purchase would have been another added expense.

Comment

Originally posted by nikkor View Post
                    For me, the 265 takes an SD card, of which I already have lying around. The 255 takes a micro sd, which to purchase would have been another added expense.
                    Unless Garmin changed designs recently (unlikely), the 255W takes a standard-sized SD card.

Comment

Originally posted by oj88 View Post
                      Unless Garmin changed designs recently (unlikely), the 255W takes a standard-sized SD card.
                      Yes, the 255W has a standard SD card slot.

Comment

can i use the bluetooth function while navigating?

Comment

Originally posted by juke View Post
                          can i use the bluetooth function while navigating?
                          Yepp

Comment

I'm currently rooting for the 255w, I hope it would be a best buy since it's my first gps..

Comment

I'd say the 255W is a great bang for the buck model, in fact it is "The bang for the buck model".

Some reviews here:
                              http://reviews.cnet.com/car-gps-navi...-32902383.html

Having tried the 255W and the 1350 which I own, I don't see much difference in terms of usability between the two... that is just my opinion, my brother is looking into getting one as well, I recommended to him 255W, not sure if he took my advise.

TTFN
                              Arvin

Comment

Working...
                              X