Any nuvi 550 users?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any nuvi 550 users?

Hi all....just wondering if there are any fellow NUVI 550 users active in these forums...as a ultra newbie to the world of GPS I'm hoping to get some tips from someone familiar with my recently purchased unit. I am slowly starting to figure some things out and I'm getting in the habit of taking it with me everywhere I go whether in the car or on the motorcycle (I put a RAM mount on my handlebars and it works great!) I am living in Tagbilaran, Bohol and using the basic map. I am attempting to make some contributions to the map as there are many unnamed or misnamed streets in Tagbilaran on the basic map.

Anyways I hope to get some feedback on the use of my NUVI

Thanks!

Congrats on your nuvi 550

I have a Nuvi 1350, I wish I had a 550 but alas no!
    Reason I am posting is that I might be in Bohol after Christmas, if you need help with mapsource and other stuff and your free to meet up with me at the resort (evenings) just let me know.

Meantime if you have a laptop please load mapsource 6.15.7 already
    from here: http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=1979
    But then again you did say you already loaded the 1.07 map so you probably have mapsource in your computer already.

Try turning on the 1sec/Easter egg track on your unit please read here:
    http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=2263&page=3

The thing that 550 has that I like is that they are capable of also having Garmin Blue Charts (Nautical charts). But I have no experience with loading them of course as I don't have that model

TTFN
    Arvin

Comment

Thanks for the reply Arvin, if you are coming to Bohol I will surely take you up on your offer to get together. I will be taking the gf to Butuan for a couple of days around New Years to visit her family but other than that I'm pretty much available anytime. Yes I already have mapsource on my laptop and I will try turning on the 1sec/easter egg track even though I'm not sure what that means LOL.....

Just let me know when you will be here in Bohol and I can PM you my mobile#.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by canman View Post
        Thanks for the reply Arvin, if you are coming to Bohol I will surely take you up on your offer to get together. I will be taking the gf to Butuan for a couple of days around New Years to visit her family but other than that I'm pretty much available anytime. Yes I already have mapsource on my laptop and I will try turning on the 1sec/easter egg track even though I'm not sure what that means LOL.....

Just let me know when you will be here in Bohol and I can PM you my mobile#.

Steve
        hi steve.
        welcome to roadguide.
        just make sure to download our latest demo map. compare your uploads to this map. this is different from the basic map as you can only view it in mapsource.
        FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

Steve I sent you a PM please check your Private Message upper right hand corner of the RG forum. I sent info on my schedule please let me know if you are in town those days.

Comment

Originally posted by Reiji0463 View Post
            hi steve.
            welcome to roadguide.
            just make sure to download our latest demo map. compare your uploads to this map. this is different from the basic map as you can only view it in mapsource.
            Thanks for that I took your advice and I can see that there is more accurate info on the demo map. I do see several omissions and errors in the demo map so I will submit for those changes...

Comment

Working...
            X