Philippine Localized Nuvi's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Philippine Localized Nuvi's?

Hi guys, just wanted to ask if you guys have seen the Nuvi's being sold at a computer shop in park square in makati? It's the one beside Hahn. I saw a couple of models, I believe they were 13xx models but these had a Philippine flag on the box. Salesperson told me they were localized but couldn't provide me more details. I got the number of the dealer and he told me that the map pre-loaded on those units are from Navteq.

Anyone here acquire one ofthese units recently? Should I sell my slightly used 255w and upgrade? I wonder if the Navteq map is as detailed as the contributor map...I have yet to get the contributor map though, still have to do my contributions

no other website can give you a better map of the philippines other than RG. just stick to your unit and simply contribute to get the contributors map.

Comment

Originally posted by docsamcruz View Post
      no other website can give you a better map of the philippines other than RG. just stick to your unit and simply contribute to get the contributors map.
      FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

100% agree with Docsam the most accurate map for the Philippines is the latest RG Contributor's map.

If however you feel you want to upgrade, then go ahead and buy the 13## model then just compare the navteq map in it vs. the 1.19 demo map.
        You can always upgrade to RG map if not happy with it, at least you have "upgraded" to the newer model.

TTFN
        Arvin

Comment

Originally posted by jsbautista08 View Post
          Should I sell my slightly used 255w and upgrade?
          No need, save your money and just contribute data.

Comment

Working...
          X