Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

255w

finally got my 255w

i have been using my AT&T Tilt with Garmin XT but there are times the phone cannot get a good satellite signal.

i was able to use it yesterday.. the street where my in-laws live is not on the map (its actually a private property that was donated to the city) and the city built a pedestrian overpass at the end of the street. then i made a route to manila and it was telling me to make a left on a "no left turn / no U-turn intersection"

i used it today aboard MRT3 and it was showing me i was either on the flyover or on EDSA

anyway, i hope to contribute here as my work requires travel around the country (our clients are hotels, resorts and hospitals)..

Originally posted by cyberBOB View Post
    finally got my 255w

i have been using my AT&T Tilt with Garmin XT but there are times the phone cannot get a good satellite signal.

i was able to use it yesterday.. the street where my in-laws live is not on the map (its actually a private property that was donated to the city) and the city built a pedestrian overpass at the end of the street. then i made a route to manila and it was telling me to make a left on a "no left turn / no U-turn intersection"

i used it today aboard MRT3 and it was showing me i was either on the flyover or on EDSA

anyway, i hope to contribute here as my work requires travel around the country (our clients are hotels, resorts and hospitals)..
    congrats for your nuvi and welcome to roadguide.

when your aboard mrt3, its either due to signal disruption or your nuvi is set to stick on roads. gps unit without external antenna should be exposed clearly to get good signal from satellites.

we will be waiting for your contributions. kindly go thru our faq for newbies thread also, link below.

ps: pls dont post same message multiple times, it takes up space and annoys readers.
    FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

Sir,

How was the 255W in terms of features on top of the GPS, planning to get one as I read it is more or less comphrehensive and most affordable compared to the other Nuvi units?

Comment

Originally posted by rmd1316 View Post
        Sir,

How was the 255W in terms of features on top of the GPS, planning to get one as I read it is more or less comphrehensive and most affordable compared to the other Nuvi units?
        first off welcome to roadguide cyberBOB and rmd1316.

i would say the 255w is a decent entry level gpsr loaded with features applicable for philippine navigation. it has been very useful in my travels around the country. however, 255w models with HWID 1091 is not capable of 1-sec track recording . check out the following links:

http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=2263&page=3
        http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=3516
        Last edited by prnd32; 01-17-2011, 15:29.

Comment

the 255w is great for my travel..

1s track for me works but have not tried recording. i was able to activate it though

Comment

Originally posted by cyberBOB View Post
            the 255w is great for my travel..

1s track for me works but have not tried recording. i was able to activate it though
            most probably it will not record if your unit's HWID is 1091

Comment

Working...
            X