X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nuvi voices

Which of the voices do you use?

I personally use australian english - karen tts

I'm using American english-Jill (TTS) for voice and American English for text however when I change to British English the voice , the unit being said is messed up for example instead of saying turn left in 400 meters, it says turn left in 400 kms, meters so i revert back to orig setting, any clues how to correct this?

Comment

helo , you guys had better situations than mine , i wish my TTS have a female voice , so to have a higher pitch and clarity . as of the present , i have to tone down the vol level of the stereo , inorder that i can clearly hear the male TTS .

Comment

British English - Serena (TTS) for me
        There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Comment

Sweet Fun Voices

Just searched over the internet for possible replacement of voices in the GPS.

If its possible I would like to have something sweet and fun or just darn sexy.

Would anyone have some wav files to share?

Thanks in advance

Comment

for fun i use my own voice in tagalog

Comment

nuvi 205w

how to do it?

Comment

Originally posted by coycasil View Post
                how to do it?
                click this link to download garmin voice studio

http://www.garmin.com/garmin/cms/us/...ad/voicestudio

if you want to use my tagalog translation ... download at this thread

http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthrea...0515#post40515 ....

wana see my video re:roadtrip, click this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-MS0MATrIY

just for fun
                Last edited by rexiejun; 10-10-2010, 13:29.

Comment

Karen TTS for me! I love how she somtimes mis pronounces the street names

Rexiejun, very entertaining video you have! That gave me an idea for another version of the Voice guidance.... hows about a Drill Sergent version?

"Liko sa Kaliwa.... NA!" "Handa Liko sa Kaliwa Limang Daang Metro".
                  (Turn left.... now) (Prepare to turn left 500 meters)

I still haven't had the guts to ask my Mom to have her voice recorded for guidance.

Imagine your Mother In Law, screaming at you.. instead of saying ReCalculating.... she'd scream! Oh! Sheesh you missed it, You missed the Turn!! Oh now I have to figure out a different route for you.

Well you can substitute "sheesh" to What the Fekk! But then how will you be able to convince your MIL (Mother in law) there is no F there mind you.. to say the F word.

There are other voice guidances in the net available, but they are mostly being sold, and mostly not "sexy", mostly male voices for some reason.

Though I was able to download "chipmunks" sounding voice guidance, but the problem is that it is difficult to understand them, so it's there for fun.

Lastly, all these special voice guidance (I think) do not do TTS.

TTFN
                  Arvin

Comment

Just got my 295W yesterday... and I chose Karen for the voice. Nice voice, I must say.

nbc

Comment

Working...
                    X