Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nuvi 1450T

hi guys,

anybody using 1450T? do you know how to make it "ding"?

thanks!

what ding?
    Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
    - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

sorry for the lack of info, i am used to using a magellan gps and it "dings" (bell sound) when you need to change bearing/direction or when you arrive at the destination.

with my1450, it has the voice that says the distance to your next bearing/direction. i was thinking if my 1450 also has a "ding" (bell sound)feature?

thanks!

Comment

I own a 1350 and I have not yet found a "ding" feature. I guess you are so used to the "ding" eh? You actually do not notice the voice? For me at least the voice of "karen" is very distinctive so when she talks I pay attention

By the way aside from the Ding feature how do you find the 1450?
        You able to do 1sec tracking right?
        No problems with contributor's map loading?

Reason I ask is my brother (against my suggestion) is looking into a 1450 instead of the 255W which is bang for the buck. But then maybe he likes the bigger display.

looking forward to your reply

TTFN
        Arvin

Comment

Nuvi was design for voice assisted navigation. You just listen to voice and need not look at screen. It is a step backwards to want ding / beeps for road navigation. How to tell from a ding/beep to turn left / right / go straight ? You need to look at screen for every ding/beep .... a recipe for an accident ...

If you want beeps/dings, then the Garmin handheld range of 60CsX, HcX etc.. will do that. MainMenu - Setup - Tones - Turn Warning ( Early ) and/or Turn Warning ( Final ) and choose appropriate tones from list ....

Comment

Working...
          X