Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What indoor charger are you using for Nuvi 1300?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What indoor charger are you using for Nuvi 1300?

Hello, just got a Nuvi 1300, what indoor charger are you using? Because I use the GPS outside my car, the battery runs out and I want to charge my GPS indoors. What do you guys recommend? Can I use the camera charger with the same plug? Thanks ans regards.

An ipod charger will do. Im using it for indoor charging of my 255w.

Comment

you may also charge from your laptop..

Comment

Thanks I will try your suggestions.

Comment

If still not too late to suggest, CDRking USB chargers... but I agree with the two other suggestions, if you have an Ipod charger or a laptop, then you can use those, specially if the Ipod charger is autovolt (100V to 240v) which is great for traveling.

TTFN
          Arvin

Comment

Originally posted by ac3 View Post
            An ipod charger will do. Im using it for indoor charging of my 255w.
            same here. im using this one on my nuvi 855

I also got the cdrkings cheapo usb wall chargers and the clamp type

I noticed and compared that:

-cdrkings are good but not fast because of the low rated amp.
            -ipod wall charger has 1.0A which is way fast
            Last edited by kicks4us23; 02-11-2011, 14:29.

Comment

Kicks, may I know where you bought these really nice compact chargers that you posted? and how much? They look nice and small.

Also are they 110~220V? Some CDRking chargers say that but actually do not work in 110V mode so please test within the warranty period.

TTFN
              Arvin

Comment

Just a tip...

For a low current or low rated amp usb charger is far more better in terms of battery charging as it charge the battery full to the limit.

HIH

Comment

Originally posted by arvin555 View Post
                  Kicks, may I know where you bought these really nice compact chargers that you posted? and how much? They look nice and small.

Also are they 110~220V? Some CDRking chargers say that but actually do not work in 110V mode so please test within the warranty period.

TTFN
                  Arvin

yes it is indeed small. you can buy at a local cellphone stores that sells ipod/ipad/iphone accessories in malls. mine is a genuine ipod wall charger. usually cost 400 and up. its a real 110v to 220v. I tested it in a 110v outlet . its better to settle for a good charger for our garmin than buying a cheap usb chargers that might damaged our unit for improper voltage ratings.

Comment

I have a car charger that can charge the iPhone, iPad, and Nuvi 760. I have used an iPhone charger for it too as well as a blackberry charger.

Comment

Possible chargers

I use my extra O2XDA charger and it seems to work well

Comment

Working...
                      X