Need help badly with my bnew 3790t

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help badly with my bnew 3790t

Im about to loose my temper with my nuvi3790t :-( ordered it from US, at first everything went well with the unit. its very responsive having not a single issue with it . after 2 days of using it i noticed that everytime i tried to simulate GPS simulator indoors, unit freezes so i decided to update the unit using webupdater from software version 2.60 to 3.60 and install all the additional optional update put check mark and start updating. update was a succsess however i find my unit taking forever to show me the map when i click on viewmap. also it will take like 5mins calculating 2km route and will need to wait again if the unit recalculates .

thinking maybe my map is corrupted i bought another sd card and load the OSM ph map but its still the same . tried factory reset by holding the bottom right corner of the screen unit will ask to erase all data but to no avail . ive tried to backtrack what did i do to make my unit act like this all i remember is i charged it using the usb to my mac reason im saying this is because ive found some strange folder in my garmin internal memory aswell as on the SD card naming ._.Trashes .sum .voices.ver1000 etc. something like that, i googled it and found out that this are mac files or something like a cookies or consider as a virus . I deleted them all on the sd aswell as on the internal memory thinking that these files are the reason why my unit is acting slow . but sadly when i power it on its still the same .

i dont know what to do next roadeguide.ph any advice will be much appreciated . i want to have my unit back the first day ive got it. thanks in advance and more power.

did you register your unit at garmin website?

Comment

afaik, 3790 has some issues with 3rd party maps.
      try asking OSM PH about it.
      FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

Yes i did register it and downloaded the latest software update. anyone has the same issue? i do hope its only a software issue .

Comment

Originally posted by alvendiaa View Post
          Yes i did register it and downloaded the latest software update. anyone has the same issue? i do hope its only a software issue .
          pls read this thread. the discussion here might help you answer some of your questions. http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=3079

Comment

thanks sir doci .

Comment

Originally posted by doki View Post
              pls read this thread. the discussion here might help you answer some of your questions. http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=3079
              Hi Alven. I have been using my 3790T for two months now and had no problems with it. I did have some of your concerns the first time. What I did was to update the firmware and that's it. No bugs so far.

Hints: try not using the Mac. Use windows when running Mapsource. Update firmware using windows. Only use map ver1.07. The contributor's map don't work with the unit. I hope this help.

Comment

thanks for the response jam . did u use the internal memory or the sd card for the 1.07 map? . have u also encountered the gps simulator freezes whenever you enables it? did u update the pre installed north america map? TIA

Comment

._.Trashes .sum .voices.ver1000 are deleted files from the Mac. Make sure you empty out the trash before disconnecting the GPS.

Comment

Originally posted by alvendiaa View Post
                    thanks for the response jam . did u use the internal memory or the sd card for the 1.07 map? . have u also encountered the gps simulator freezes whenever you enables it? did u update the pre installed north america map? TIA
                    I am using the SD card for the v1.07. I don't want to mess around with the internal memory. My simulator is working just fine and never did it freeze up on me...TG. And no, I did not update the pre installed US map yet.

Comment

Thanks Jam .

Comment

How much does this unit retail for? would you say that this unit is one of those that says TURN LEFT AT AYALA AVENUE? or does it say TURN LEFT 1000 METERS

Comment

Originally posted by mav77 View Post
                          How much does this unit retail for? would you say that this unit is one of those that says TURN LEFT AT AYALA AVENUE? or does it say TURN LEFT 1000 METERS
                          I got mine for US$450 in the US. I saw it on sale at the Mall of Asia for Php40,000. That's like US$900. It does say both. "IN 1000 METTERS, TURN LEFT ON AYALA AVENUE" in British English...LoL

Comment

Working...
                          X