Win7 scan errors and fix nuvi??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Win7 scan errors and fix nuvi??

Every time I connect my Nuvi 765 to my Win7 pc, a windows pops up requesting that I scan and fix the Nuvi, I did it once, but it crashed mapsource, so now I ignore and cancel scan. Anybody else have this problem, is there a problem with my Nuvi??

Originally posted by jnieurzyla View Post
    Every time I connect my Nuvi 765 to my Win7 pc, a windows pops up requesting that I scan and fix the Nuvi, I did it once, but it crashed mapsource, so now I ignore and cancel scan. Anybody else have this problem, is there a problem with my Nuvi??
    did you remove connection of nuvi by using "safe remove/eject"?

Comment

Unfirtunately I did not, if i rerun the scan, could it damage the software on the nuvi? can it be recovered??

Comment

Unfirtunately I did not, if i rerun the scan, could it damage the software on the nuvi? can it be recovered??
        that happened to me before but with usb flash drives and not GPSr. i went through with the scan (unchecked the "fix" option so no changes will be made). once done, i did the "safe remove" method and the error was gone when i re-inserted.
        unfortunately, i have no same experience with my GPSr.

Comment

Unfortunately I did not, if i rerun the scan, could it damage the software on the nuvi? can it be recovered??

Comment

Ok Doki, I will try what you suggest and hopefully it will clear it self up.

Thank you

Comment

I tried what you suggested and it sill happens, so did not open mapsource but did the check disk from the properties, and did the full house, the unit was cleared and working well, its only when connecting with mapsource running the error now occurs, hhmmm.
              I love computers hahaha.
              So I will just leave it as it is, I do not want to screw up the Nuvi unit. Too expensive to replace.
              Thank you again for your help.

Comment

I tried what you suggested and it sill happens, so did not open mapsource but did the check disk from the properties, and did the full house, the unit was cleared and working well, its only when connecting with mapsource running the error now occurs, hhmmm.
                I love computers hahaha.
                So I will just leave it as it is, I do not want to screw up the Nuvi unit. Too expensive to replace.
                Thank you again for your help.
                does mapsource recognize your unit when connected? or the error immediately comes when the unit is connected?

Comment

do you have garmin usb driver installed in your pc?

Comment

If you have an sd card in your nuvi id suggest scan and fix the sd card using a card reader. in your nuvi clear trip log and favorites. HTH

Comment

The fault shows up when connecting and mapsource is running. Connecting on its own does not come up with the error, therefore when connecting with map source I click to by-pass the scan and then mapsource shows the nuvi.
                      I scanned the the sd card and still it shows up.
                      And I do have the garmin usb driver installed.

Comment

try to connect your nuvi without the sd card . if it solves the problem then i would suggest reformating your sd card.

Comment

I have started to be a good boy and now disconnect correctly, and the problem seems to have disappeared now, than you guys.

Comment

Working...
                          X