Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nuvi 1200 Regional Maps

Hello Nuvi family,

I recently bought a Nuvi 1200 and at once used it on the road. At initial setup I entered "Other" for the Locale section. I noticed the pre-loaded maps to be updated. It even included a complete road map of our Subdivision in Binangonan, Rizal which is not yet included in the RG 1.07 basic map.

But when I registered it with the Garmin website, updated the software and loaded the RG basic map I cannot get the preloaded map back. I already checked the Map Info and it's not there just the RG basic map

Is there a way i can get it back? Thank you and God bless you all.

Originally posted by idol78 View Post
    Hello Nuvi family,

I recently bought a Nuvi 1200 and at once used it on the road. At initial setup I entered "Other" for the Locale section. I noticed the pre-loaded maps to be updated. It even included a complete road map of our Subdivision in Binangonan, Rizal which is not yet included in the RG 1.07 basic map.

But when I registered it with the Garmin website, updated the software and loaded the RG basic map I cannot get the preloaded map back. I already checked the Map Info and it's not there just the RG basic map

you cant get it back. chances are it was overwritten by RG basic map.
    when updating your software, always back-up your files.
    FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

Originally posted by idol78 View Post
      Hello Nuvi family,

btw, where did you bought your nuvi?
      FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

Hello Reiji0463,

Thank you very much for the quick reply. Well i guess we always learn the hard way and thank you again for the nice tip.

I bought it at the Blade Auto Shop in Megamall. I know it's more expensive but i got it on credit and i think the online sellers dont accept plastic

Comment

As far as I know the only local Garmin unit officially available is a 13xx series, so your map probably was not the one from Navteq, but hey why not try to download it from Garmin?

Another practical suggestion is to back to blade and ask them what kind of map was pre installed, if they can't tell, then ask them to show you a brand new unit or their demo unit and check for clues about what maps are in there.

Heck maybe they'd be willing to help you put it back to "store" settings, then when you are done, doing this and want RG, do not forget Kuya Reijii's golden tip, always back up your data first Example, I still even have the Malsing map that came with my unit, plus backed it up in my PC even if I don't think I'll be using it in the near future.

Good luck!
          TTFN
          Arvin

Comment

Once again great tips Arvin I'm on my way to Megamall now! I dont think the preloaded map was from Navteq though because I already downloaded the City Navigator Southeast Asia NT from Garmin and our place is still not included

Anyway im excited to go back to Blade to do all your suggestions bro...

You guys are great thank you very much.

Comment

Working...
            X