This accessory is not supported

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This accessory is not supported

Hi, I have encounter a problem with my garmin 255W. I connect with a different cable in the car (not a garmin product.) After that, the unit starts up, but soon as it boots, I get a message that says: "This accessory is not supported." It always appear now even if I used a garmin cable car plug or USB garmin cable to the PC. Now, the pc cannot recognize my garmin. I cannot access and transfer my track log and waypoint. How do you remove this error?

Procedure to reset a Garmin Nuvi 2x5 series GPS

Try to reset the unit.

Procedure to reset a Garmin Nuvi 2x5 series GPS:

1. While the unit is OFF, touch the BOTTOM RIGHT corner of the screen.

2. While still holding the BOTTOM RIGHT corner of the screen, turn the unit ON.

3. Wait until a message appears to reset/erase your personal data.

4. Touch YES.

5. You will lose your personal data but the unit should work now.

Good Luck!

Comment

I already tried that. It didn't work. Still has pop message after start up.

Comment

Looks like you will have to do the more difficult, other reset procedure then.
        (Unless you've tried it already.)

Comment

You may have destroyed the USB port on your 255W by using the wrong cable or charger.

I never thought it could happen since the USB spec is pretty much standard. However, if the cable or charger you used does not adhere to USB standards, that could cause a myriad of problems.

Another possible cause is that the USB port on the 255W developed a cold solder on the data pins.
          There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Comment

Working...
          X