The Nuvi 2465 (New Model)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Nuvi 2465 (New Model)

The new Nuvi 2465 Sg/My version will make its debut in Singapore at the Great Electronic Bazaar from 8 Apr 11 to 10 Apr 11 and later at the PIKOM Fair in KL, Malaysia from 15 Apr 11 to 17 Apr 11. I understand it will be selling for below S$300 and boast many features which hitherto are found in only higher end models like the 3790. You can expect features like Live Traffic Avoidance (Sg only), Trip Planner, Voice Activation, Compass, Hands Free Calling, etc.

Comparing the 3790T vs the 2465 features, these are the differences

Size
    4.8"W x 2.9"H x .35"D (12.2 x 7.5 x .89 cm) 3790
    5.4"W x 3.3"H x .6"D (13.7 x 8.3 x 1.5 cm)

Weight
    113.4 g (3790)
    192.0 g (2465)

Battery Life
    up to 4 hours (3790)
    up to 3 hours (2465)

Screen resolution
    800 x 480 pixels (3790) glass, dual-orientation, WVGA color TFT with white backlight
    480 x 272 pixels (2465) WQVGA color TFT with white backlight

3-D building view (displays buildings in 3-D)
    Yes for 3790
    No for 2465
    Attached Files

thanks for the info sir silverbeauty
    Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
    - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

The question is, would this unit be compatible with the free malsing maps and also the RG map?

I missed something by missing the meet in Makati, so SilverBeauty is a "Kuya"?

TTFN
      Arvin

Comment

Originally posted by arvin555 View Post
        The question is, would this unit be compatible with the free malsing maps and also the RG map?
        MFM definitely, RG hmmmm....

I missed something by missing the meet in Makati, so SilverBeauty is a "Kuya"?

TTFN
        Arvin
        your mind's in in the gutter again. just kidding but i will not answer your question. for me to know, for you to find out
        hahaha
        Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
        - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Yeah HBT,

Actually a lot of people have accused me of being drunk or high even without any substance in me except softdrinks... you noticed this since the first EB right

Anyway I can still be politically correct by calling SB, just SB

Would be nice to know if our map will work on next gen Garmins.

TTFN
          Arvin

Comment

TTFN
            Arvin

Initially did not work with MFM map with roads not appearing etc ... but our mappers did some tweaking and now works fine ....

As for other third party maps like MSM, Navagasi, Rotweiler etc... works fine ... with some tweaking on settings of Nuvi

RG, the unlocked version works fine ... locked version, got no access yet ... but am sure your mappers will find a solution

Comment

Working...
            X