How can I personalize symbols for POIs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How can I personalize symbols for POIs?

Is there a way to create personalized symbols for POIs? Ex. Use Starbucks logo as the symbol for all starbucks POIs. Is this possile in RG. In the US, POI symbols used are logos of these POIs, like Best Buy etc.

Originally posted by jamorales3 View Post
    Is there a way to create personalized symbols for POIs? Ex. Use Starbucks logo as the symbol for all starbucks POIs. Is this possile in RG. In the US, POI symbols used are logos of these POIs, like Best Buy etc.
    not possible for rg map.
    although you can create your own personal typ file with those symbols.
    FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

Please allow me to expound on this. Actually, what reiji meant by "not possible for RG map" has something to do with POI classifications. With the system we are using presently, POI's are classified by category... meaning all coffee shops are classified as coffee shops regardless of their trade name, McDo and Jollibee are fastfoods, etc... Although you can change the icon of coffee shops with a starbucks logo, but it would make all coffee shops displayed as starbucks, which would surely add to the confusion instead of helping.

But, if you are really an enthusiast and willing to learn, you can get around that by making your own overlay POI map loaded with all your favorite brands and trade names for your own use. Sounds complicated? Not really, if there is a will ... :sly:
      I am but a figment of your imagination... with a post count of 9999 or greater.

Comment

Originally posted by Tofu View Post
        Please allow me to expound on this. Actually, what reiji meant by "not possible for RG map" has something to do with POI classifications. With the system we are using presently, POI's are classified by category... meaning all coffee shops are classified as coffee shops regardless of their trade name, McDo and Jollibee are fastfoods, etc... Although you can change the icon of coffee shops with a starbucks logo, but it would make all coffee shops displayed as starbucks, which would surely add to the confusion instead of helping.

But, if you are really an enthusiast and willing to learn, you can get around that by making your own overlay POI map loaded with all your favorite brands and trade names for your own use. Sounds complicated? Not really, if there is a will ... :sly:
        Thanks Tofu and Reji. What about the software? Is there a specific software to create symbols. I know there are softwares to create icons, but what about symbols?

Comment

Originally posted by jamorales3 View Post
          Thanks Tofu and Reji. What about the software? Is there a specific software to create symbols. I know there are softwares to create icons, but what about symbols?
          for icons, a simple jpeg file will do.
          i dont get what you mean by symbols though.

Comment

Originally posted by Reiji0463 View Post
            for icons, a simple jpeg file will do.
            i dont get what you mean by symbols though.
            Hi Reiji, I usually use Icon Editor to create or edit icons on my pc. What about symbols used in mapsource/Garmin devices? Is there a software I can use to create or edit symbols found in mapsource/Garmin devices? Symbols refer to icons used for POIs.

JAM

Comment

hi jam.
              theres is. you can create a personal TYP file. how its done? contact our TYP master hbt or our POI guru doki. its done online.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks Reiji

Comment

Working...
                X