Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to.. Proper Syntax?

Hi!

How would I input this in my unit when I want to have the unit navigate me there?

11234 Edsa Project 7
    Quezon City

The GPS does not give me a chance to enter the "Project 7" part.

I tried various workarounds but I can't get to it. Your help will be truly appreciated

Also, say I figured out how to input that address, It will now take me to Edsa for sure. What if I don't want to pass Edsa because it's traffic? how can I make it lead me via an alternate route?

Thanks again!

Cheers!

rg map does not support address numbering, as well as subdivision boundaries, the best thing you can is point to the nearest intersection of your destination eg. edsa cor quezon ave. or point to the nearest known waypoint.
    to further fine tune your destination you can zoom into the map and point the exact location on the screen.

Comment

I guess you are using ver. 1.07, there is no Project 7 POI yet in there, but there is already in the latest contributor's map.

As Kuya Elkabong said, our map does not allow for address number search so the number can't be used to search. I totally agree with Kuya Elkabong, instead of address and numbers, the best way to get to where you are going is to find the nearest landmark or intersection and go there. To make things easier for you, you could also use mapsource, do a Find and find the nearest POI. I do this all the time coz using my PC and mapsource is faster than navigating through the small screen of the GPS (this only works if you are still planning the trip of course).

Lastly, about choosing not to pass Edsa, you could choose a different route, and the GPS will try to reroute you, however your routing depends on the settings you have on GPSR (faster time, shortest route). If you want a specific route, again you can use mapsource first to plot a route and then upload to your GPSR and follow that.

TTFN
      Arvin

Comment

Originally posted by arvin555 View Post
        As Kuya Elkabong said, our map does not allow for address number search so the number can't be used to search.
        correction, we dont have the numbers data.
        thats why its not in the map.
        if we would have the data, it would be in the map, simple
        How to get the upgraded map.

It's a sick world and I'm a happy man...

Comment

Cool thanks for clarification Kuya Jan!

So does that mean that if we start putting some street numbers on Waypoint contributions that it will be available?

For example, instead of saying Jollibee@Acaccia lane I can start contributing Jollibee@123 Acaccia lane?

I imagine though that if we were looking for 125 Acaccia lane and there is no WP or POI contributed of it, that the unit will still come up blank?

Is this something that we want to eventually evolve to? Or we just keep doing what we are doing now, no numbers?

Personally I have not yet needed street numbers feature so far.

TTFN
          Arvin

Comment

Originally posted by arvin555 View Post
            So does that mean that if we start putting some street numbers on Waypoint contributions that it will be available?

For example, instead of saying Jollibee@Acaccia lane I can start contributing Jollibee@123 Acaccia lane?
            that works already now but that's not true house number search, for true house nr search every house number should be properly mapped out (see the logistic problem?)
            and how about door2, apt1, level3, block1 lot 3
            how do you propose fixing that?

i'm kinda busy at the moment but will expand more in due time (read: when not so lazy) - only the house number search works with address search and not with poi search
            How to get the upgraded map.

It's a sick world and I'm a happy man...

Comment

Thanks for the help and tips guys!

Cheers!

Comment

Hehehe... I also want to thank you guys for the additional knowledge. Helps a lot for newbies like me.

Comment

Originally posted by Jan View Post
                  that works already now but that's not true house number search, for true house nr search every house number should be properly mapped out (see the logistic problem?)
                  and how about door2, apt1, level3, block1 lot 3
                  how do you propose fixing that?

i'm kinda busy at the moment but will expand more in due time (read: when not so lazy) - only the house number search works with address search and not with poi search
                  ...whew (hirap pala maging contributor...hehehe)..Yeah now I understand how difficult it is to conceive some system of doing things like this. For the meantime, learning mode muna ako.

Comment

Thanks Kuya Jan for the explanation.

You guys please do not conclude that it is hard to become a contributor, well first of all I just learned something new just now (from what Kuya Jan mentioned above) but really contributing is easy or more accurately gets easier once you get into it.

Before I used to have two or three windows/tabs open while I am editing my contributions, like the Waypoint standards, track standards, but after a few weeks I already knew how to do it automatically. But seriously, anyone who wants to quickly learn how to contribute should really join an EB, Kuya HBT taught me how to do contributions in 15 mins which probably would take me weeks to understand. Yesterday I sat down with a new JM, Aristotel and he was able to submit his first contribution in 10 minutes

It is not as hard as you think guys

TTFN
                    Arvin

Comment

Working...
                    X