NuRoute and Traffic Trends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NuRoute and Traffic Trends

Hello! Any member out there using the new fancy 3 series that offers the Nuroute and Traffic trends feature?

I just read about them today, and was surprised that the description was sort of what "my Admiral" was asking me if my Nuvi 1350 can learn my favorite routes and then use those routes when routing me in the future. I asked this before and we know this was not true for the 1 series.

Now as I understand it Nuroute actually does it, learn the routes one take often and so the GPS will route you that way. My question is, has anyone tried it out and can confirm if it does work?

I am not sure if Traffic trends will work, as there is no actual traffic data, but I imagine that if the GPSR routes you to one place and you always take a different route, that hopefully with this new feature, it will learn and route you through your favorite route in the future?

Hope for feedbacks from those lucky 3series owners, oh and I know some of you, coz you guys are the ones who had those unlock problems with our latest contri maps... I won't hesitate to PM you for feedback on this topic. :sly::sly::sly:

TTFN
    Arvin

Originally posted by arvin555 View Post
    Hello! Any member out there using the new fancy 3 series that offers the Nuroute and Traffic trends feature?

I just read about them today, and was surprised that the description was sort of what "my Admiral" was asking me if my Nuvi 1350 can learn my favorite routes and then use those routes when routing me in the future. I asked this before and we know this was not true for the 1 series.

Now as I understand it Nuroute actually does it, learn the routes one take often and so the GPS will route you that way. My question is, has anyone tried it out and can confirm if it does work?

I am not sure if Traffic trends will work, as there is no actual traffic data, but I imagine that if the GPSR routes you to one place and you always take a different route, that hopefully with this new feature, it will learn and route you through your favorite route in the future?

Hope for feedbacks from those lucky 3series owners, oh and I know some of you, coz you guys are the ones who had those unlock problems with our latest contri maps... I won't hesitate to PM you for feedback on this topic. :sly::sly::sly:

TTFN
    Arvin
    Hi Arvin, the answer is yes the 3790T has learning capabilities. Not sure though if its the Nuroute or the Traffic Trend function coz I turned them both ON. My experience is that coming from P. Ocampo St. (Manila) going to Naia, the GPS would normally ask you to take the Roxas Blvd route bcoz of the distance. But I always prefer using Macapagal because of the traffic on over-passes and buses in Baclaran.

The unit seems to be calculating which route is the fastest in terms of average speed between Roxas and Macapagal (since my setting also tells the unit to use the Fastest Route). After a few usages using both roads, now the GPS is telling me to use Macapagal instead of Roxas. I am assuming it has compared the average speeds on both roads, and obviously Macapagal, though its a detour of sort, is still the fastest in ave. speed.

I hope I answered your question.

JAM

Comment

Jam,

Thanks very much for your reply appreciate it.

I have a feeling that it might not be traffic trends coz, maybe that uses data with Traffic info which we don't have, but I might be wrong.

I take it that you only used the NAIA one as an example and you have other favorite routes that the unit has "Learned" already? If so that is so cool!

TTFN
      Arvin

Comment

Working...
      X