Need help on my Nuvi 205w's screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help on my Nuvi 205w's screen

Hey guys, new to the forums.. I got my unit 2nd hand from a friend about 6 months ago.. Everything was perfect until yesterday(Monday), I was just using it last saturday and it was still perfect, sunday, didn't use it at all.. When I turned it on, this happened..

Looks like the the LCD has collapsed.. The touchsceen still works fine, but because of the black(guessing dead pixels) doesn't let me see that well..

Is there a way to have my unit fixed?

PS: It wasn't dropped, but I did leave it on the windshield for a day(open parking) but its not like I haven't done that before..

It's a cracked LCD screen. No way of repairing it but to have it replaced which I guess would be more tedious than buying another one.

Comment

Originally posted by jayteecie View Post
      It's a cracked LCD screen. No way of repairing it but to have it replaced which I guess would be more tedious than buying another one.
      Really? Because looking at my garmin, there are no signs of cracks.. Its when I turn it on that this black screen appears.. But I guess you're right.. I might have to buy another one.. Thanks bro..

Comment

looks like it has been exposed to extreme heat and/or too much pressure to the lcd.

Comment

Originally posted by brellrain View Post
          Really? Because looking at my garmin, there are no signs of cracks.. Its when I turn it on that this black screen appears.. But I guess you're right.. I might have to buy another one.. Thanks bro..
          Sorry to hear that- you can try calling below address and company. Btw Welcome to Roadguide fellow forumer.

GEOTECH MERCANTILE CORP.
          No. 6 Ground Flr. Consolacion Bldg., Gen. Santos St., Araneta Center,
          Quezon City 1109
          Phone: 632 911 0690
          Fax: 632 911 0732

Comment

Working...
          X