• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Garmin 255W Nuvi will no longer rec 1 sec tracks

I just got a response from Tim Jinkins at Garmin:
    Jenkins, Tim [Tim.Jenkins@garmin.com]

Dear Mr. Cheadle,

Unfortunately, our nuvi unit do not record on second tracks and there is not a way to adjusts this. The units will only drop tracks when they are needed to be able to hold the longest track possible. I apologize for the inconvenience. If you have any further questions, please let me know.

Best Regards,

Tim

Unfortunately, our nuvi unit do not record on second tracks and there is not a way to adjusts this.
    This is a very big generalization in my opinion and seems like they are "dumbing" down your question and I know it is not true.

1. 255W is an older model to the 1xxx series.
    2. I and my brother just bought Nuvi 1300 units from the US and they both had 1 sec track capability

3. I am also waiting for my friend who has a 1200 series to reply back if his newly purchased on does or does not have 1sec logging.

Anyway either there is a miscommunication about the topic between you and Tim, or maybe Tim is not the right person to ask, he might be with Marketing or sales. Keep in mind that easter egg and 1sec track logging are technically there for diagnostic purposes and normally not accessed by consumers/customers. That is why they have a slightly complicated sequence to access that feature.

Hope this helps.
    TTFN
    Arvin

Comment

Originally posted by arvin555 View Post
      This is a very big generalization in my opinion and seems like they are "dumbing" down your question and I know it is not true.

1. 255W is an older model to the 1xxx series.
      2. I and my brother just bought Nuvi 1300 units from the US and they both had 1 sec track capability

3. I am also waiting for my friend who has a 1200 series to reply back if his newly purchased on does or does not have 1sec logging.

Anyway either there is a miscommunication about the topic between you and Tim, or maybe Tim is not the right person to ask, he might be with Marketing or sales. Keep in mind that easter egg and 1sec track logging are technically there for diagnostic purposes and normally not accessed by consumers/customers. That is why they have a slightly complicated sequence to access that feature.

Hope this helps.
      TTFN
      Arvin
      I'll keep my figers crossed. I sent them the question several times. They kept referring me to Garmin Asia (Who did not understand the question).

Rocky

Comment

Originally posted by chiefmizer View Post
        I'll keep my figers crossed. I sent them the question several times. They kept referring me to Garmin Asia (Who did not understand the question).

Rocky
        wet finger prediction : they wont help you.

it's a hidden feature & not supported...

best bring it to an eb (so others can play with it) or accept the fact that it doesnt work...
        How to get the upgraded map.

It's a sick world and I'm a happy man...

Comment

Working...
        X