Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Next step after downloading 1.25 demo

Hello.

I have a Nuvi 1490T with the pre-loaded NA map in it.

I've downloaded version 1.25 of the philippine map from roadguide.ph. I ran it and the jklinc folder was created in my c:\.

What is the next step? I copy the jklinc folder in my microSD (F:\)? Or in my Nuvi 1490T device (D:\)?

Any feedback on this would be appreciated.

Br,
    JH

I tried copying the jklinc in my microSD (which I inserted in my 1490T device). Then checked if the map was detected... so from the main screen of the device, I went to Tool > Settings > Map > Info

I can see my NA map, but not the Philippine map.

Any feedback on how I can use the Philippine map that I just downloaded in my Nuvi 1490T device will be appreciated.

p.s. I tried searching the FAQs but I couldn't find a thread discussing 1490T

Comment

you might be interested in this: http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=2348

unfortunatly the demo map cant be used in the gps.
      How to get the upgraded map.

It's a sick world and I'm a happy man...

Comment

Thanks Jan.

Saved the FAQs - http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=1526... next stop, how to have a contributor's status.

I should upload the standard map version v1.07 to my GPS unit and start recording waypoints, right?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by jhlebumfacil View Post
          Thanks Jan.

Saved the FAQs - http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=1526... next stop, how to have a contributor's status.

I should upload the standard map version v1.07 to my GPS unit and start recording waypoints, right?

Thanks in advance.
          yes thats right! tracks will do also. learn abt 1sec tracks in nuvi thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

Hi Jan,

I downloaded the standard map (the file I downloaded from the link was jklinc_roadguide.ph_1.07_basic_map.exe). After downloading, I installed it - it generated a folder called C:\jklinc with the following contents

roadguide.ph (folder)
            10278.TYP
            63287201.img
            63287202.img
            63287203.img
            63287213.img
            history.txt
            philrout.img

philrout.MDX
            PhilRout.reg
            philrout.TDB
            PHILROUT_MDR.IMG

the folder roadguide.ph had the following content
            12f6c.TYP
            63287215.img
            Roadguid.img
            roadguid.reg
            Roadguid.TDB

I was planning to follow Method 2 (copy and pasted the instruction below -- but I couldn't see where Gmapsupp.img is)

Method 2. Gmapsupp.img
            connect gps to pc. (or memory card)
            copy paste the gmapsupp.img in the correct folder. which should be named garmin (as in /garmin)
            done.

What am I missing? Please advise.

Thanks.

Comment

You can create the file with MapSource.

Comment

Hi Jan,

I downloaded the standard map (the file I downloaded from the link was jklinc_roadguide.ph_1.07_basic_map.exe). After downloading, I installed it - it generated a folder called C:\jklinc with the following contents

roadguide.ph (folder)
                10278.TYP
                63287201.img
                63287202.img
                63287203.img
                63287213.img
                history.txt
                philrout.img

philrout.MDX
                PhilRout.reg
                philrout.TDB
                PHILROUT_MDR.IMG

the folder roadguide.ph had the following content
                12f6c.TYP
                63287215.img
                Roadguid.img
                roadguid.reg
                Roadguid.TDB

I was planning to follow Method 2 (copy and pasted the instruction below -- but I couldn't see where Gmapsupp.img is)

Method 2. Gmapsupp.img
                connect gps to pc. (or memory card)
                copy paste the gmapsupp.img in the correct folder. which should be named garmin (as in /garmin)
                done.

What am I missing? Please advise.

Thanks.
                gtv is right.
                for details refer to item L of this link:
                http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=1526

Comment

Hi Kuya Reijie and GTV,

I think you referenced the wrong Letter, Letter L is for the contributor's map, jhleb only downloaded the demo map and free map as of now.

So it's still the same link but you should try:

Letter B no.2 but then again it looks like you have already read it.

Anyway I am not sure if the gmapsupp.img for the free map is still downloadable or not. If it is not available for download, then you really have to install Mapsource so it's the Method 2.

Anyway hopefully someone can chime in if there is a link to the gmapsupp.img for 1.07 somewhere.

TTFN
                  Arvin

Comment

@jhlebumfacil

you need mapsource (faq B.1 - how to get mapsource) in order to be able to create/compile gmapsupp.img.
                    got a question? google it or do a forum search.

Comment

Thank you gtv, Reiji0463, arvin555 and legtu

Here's what I've done...

(1) downloaded training center (TrainingCenter_361.exe, almost 42MB) from Garmin.com as instructed in the http://roadguide.ph/forums/showpost....88&postcount=1.

Installed training center... training center is a pre-requisite for installing mapsource (MapSource_6157.exe, about 59MB)

(2) downloaded and installed mapsource ... mapsource_6157.exe will not install if training center has not been installed first (my newbie mistake )

(3) then install jklinc_roadguide.ph_1.07_basic_map.exe

(4) run mapsource -- it automatically selects "Roadguide.ph 1.07basic map"

(5) then followed method 1 in the following link http://roadguide.ph/forums/showpost.php?p=3&postcount=1

(6) to check if there was a successful transfter, I went to my device, and selected tools > settings > map > info -- where it'll show Roadguide.ph -- SUCCESS!

Newbie questions...

(1) after pressing the send button in Mapsource, where did the file go (i assume this file to e gmapsupp.img)? did it go to my GPS unit or microSD?

I saw gmapsupp.img in my microSD (drive F but has a date of 05-January-2010 (I was expecting 16-June-2011, the date mapsource created the map)...

I checked my GPS' internal memory (drive D -- garmin folder, I did not see any new file, not even gmapsupp.img.

(2) in my microsd ( drive F:/), is it safe to delte the jklinc folder?

Comment

Thank you gtv, Reiji0463, arvin555 and legtu

Newbie questions...

(1) after pressing the send button in Mapsource, where did the file go (i assume this file to e gmapsupp.img)? did it go to my GPS unit or microSD?

I saw gmapsupp.img in my microSD (drive F but has a date of 05-January-2010 (I was expecting 16-June-2011, the date mapsource created the map)...

I checked my GPS' internal memory (drive D -- garmin folder, I did not see any new file, not even gmapsupp.img.

(2) in my microsd ( drive F:/), is it safe to delte the jklinc folder?
                        It depends where you send it. Either to Garmin with SN..... or your Micro SD as you have 2 choices (if sd card is inserted). If its the former- then it was sent to the garmin folder of your gps, if its the latter, then the gmap supp is in your micro SD.

Based from your comments that you saw gmapsupp in microsd, then it appears you send the map to your microsd

Normally the jklinc folder is located in your hard drive (C) of your computer and not in microsd.

No- do not delete this jKlinc folder- it will mess up everything

Comment

question...

did you use the maptoll to select which to transfer? did the map at mapsource turn pink before you transfer?
                          Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
                          - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Thanks Jspalaroan, Hbt

@Jspalaroan, I deleted the jkflinc folder in my microSD before reading your reply... Thank goodness, nothing unusual happened...whew! I was able to use the map quite well.

@Hbt, Jspalaroan

Can you please let me know the path to map toll in Mapsource? Is it in tools? Utilities?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Can you please let me know the path to map toll in Mapsource? Is it in tools? Utilities?

Thanks in advance.
                              go to tools->map
                              or alt+t+m

Comment

Working...
                              X