downloading nuvi maps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

downloading nuvi maps

I have a built in Navigation system and a separate Nuvi 205 gps with El Salvador maps by Q-Find. I am trying to find out if I can get the maps off my nuvi 205 put them on an SD card to install into my built in system?

Not sure if Qfind is a "locked" map but if it is then, even if you do get to transfer the map to your microSD it might not work on your built in Navi system. Plus you didn't give enough info on what GPS "engine" your built in navigation uses.

Anyways what I do to backup my preloaded maps is to copy the img file in the GPSR into a removable drive or to my HDD.

TTFN
    Arvin

Comment

Originally posted by conarrow View Post
      I have a built in Navigation system and a separate Nuvi 205 gps with El Salvador maps by Q-Find. I am trying to find out if I can get the maps off my nuvi 205 put them on an SD card to install into my built in system?
      Was your unit bought from Q-Find? -> http://www.elsalvadorgps.com/EN/productos.html.

From what I understand about their Nuvi 205, it's preloaded with El Salvador and USA maps. Am I right in understanding that you want to transfer them to your built in navigation system?

Assuming that your built-in navigation system is garmin compatible and the maps which came with your 205 are locked, then you need to buy unlocking keys first (presumably from Q-Find) for these maps to be of use to your navigation system.

Comment

Working...
      X