Nuvi 255 - lack of Routing import!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nuvi 255 - lack of Routing import!

As you may know I bought a refurbished Garmin Nuvi 255 from Amazon.com and had it sent here via a Delivery Service that was offered FREE from BDO (2 services actually). I also bought a water resistant case with handlebar mount.

I had to create a 'Visor' so the screen was in 'shade' to make viewing the screen in bright sunlight possible.

I have not really used the 'Navigate' feature much as I usually know where I am going.

However when I am setting these 'Green Trail Rides' for cebu 'Bikers', they might not know where we are going, or how to get somewhere if they get separated from the Group for some reason, and took a wrong turn and we cant find them when we back track.

I did find out how to create a Route from A to Z via multiple intermediate points (B-Y) on my Garmin Nuvi 255

Adding a Via Point (Waypoint): Garmin

The problem is with tracks we have ridden, and submitted to RoadGuide.ph as not being on Contributors Map V1.26 , just seem to get IGNORED when calculating the Route for Navigation.

See attached .gdb file from my Garmin Nuvi 255 that I tried creating the Route of the Green Trail ride for this coming Friday, 10am meeting @'Lagtang Grill'

If anyone knows how to get those added GPS Tracks, included in the Routing calculation, I would be interested to learn. (assuming it is not "wait until those Tracks included in V1.27 RoadGuide.ph, and try again"!).

If anyone with a Motorcycle in Cebu, wants to join in and follow this Green Trail Ride #12, you are more than welcome.

NB: these Green Trails involve Dirt tracks, so dirt , mud, gravel, rocks, boulders, ruts encountered, and maybe fairly steep ascents and descents in some places. Matt tackles it on his XRM 125 fitted with Dunlop street tires, so you don.t need expensive Dual Sports like my XT225. Brett also manages pretty well on his Yamaha YBR125G.
    Attached Files

im certainly no expert but i was thinking maybe create your own map with your new tracks (hope this is possible)... and show both maps on the garmin. I read somewhere that you could use two maps at the same time.

i have a hunch im talking rubbish...
    Last edited by zazz; 07-14-2011, 12:30.

Comment

Working...
    X