1490T Won't Transfer Waypoints and Tracks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1490T Won't Transfer Waypoints and Tracks

I have done a hard reset as well as delete all data. Am running out of options. What do you think is happening? I got this error message. It's long, but the pertinent portion of it is as follows:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no" ?>
    <ErrorReport xmlns="http://www.garmin.com/xmlschemas/ApplicationErrors/v1">

<Error>
    <Exception>
    <SourceCodeLocation>
    <SourceFileName>GPX_DOCUMENTFACTORY.CPP</SourceFileName>
    <SourceFileLine>57</SourceFileLine>
    </SourceCodeLocation>
    <Extra>Fatal Error:
    File Path: C:\Users\ANNABE~1\AppData\Local\Temp\MapSource\tmp 4F23.tmp, line: 1, char: 7870
    </Exception>

Am unable to transfer waypoints and tracks to Mapsource.

there might be something wrong in your pc try uploading in different pc see if it solves your problem.

HTH

Comment

Elkabong, I restored the backup copy of my 1490T files to the GPS. Did Webupdater to upgrade the firmware to 5.40. Mapsource was then able to pull in the waypoints and tracks.
      Last edited by Hardright; 07-17-2011, 21:25.

Comment

It happened to me. There is somewhat a corrupt files in the Garmin folder in your Gps, restoring the orig Garmin files in your gps will do the trick.

Comment

Thanks kuya Jimmy. Which begs the question why one would get corrupted files in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by Hardright View Post
            Thanks kuya Jimmy. Which begs the question why one would get corrupted files in the first place.
            Lot of reasons files get corrupted, example, application crash,windows crash, virus etc...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
            X