nuvi 1490

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nuvi 1490

hi guys new to the family. just got 2 1490s one for the wife and one for me. it seems both are working but one is showing more details than the other. i checked the setting and both are the same. i was thinking that one of the units got a conflict from the number o of times i tried to download the map. i read in one of our posts here that i should delete the gmapsupp which i did. is this the best way to reset any conflicts? to further explain the difference when on ortigas one unit will show garnet, sapphire etc all the road one will pass the other unit will just show the road you are trekking. i notice that when setting, the map is correct but when on the moving map itself, all the other roads disappear and just the road your moving stays...hope i was able to explain properly.

Originally posted by slicky rick View Post
    hi guys new to the family. just got 2 1490s one for the wife and one for me. it seems both are working but one is showing more details than the other. i checked the setting and both are the same. i was thinking that one of the units got a conflict from the number o of times i tried to download the map. i read in one of our posts here that i should delete the gmapsupp which i did. is this the best way to reset any conflicts? to further explain the difference when on ortigas one unit will show garnet, sapphire etc all the road one will pass the other unit will just show the road you are trekking. i notice that when setting, the map is correct but when on the moving map itself, all the other roads disappear and just the road your moving stays...hope i was able to explain properly.
    Could be different firmware and / or different region.
    Run webupdater on both to be sure you got latest firmware loaded.
    Mind you that that action could well result in the unit that does show the names now into it not showing them anymore as well....

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    How to get the upgraded map.

It's a sick world and I'm a happy man...

Comment

hi Jan, how do we run webupdater. i wont play with the other unit as i am happy with it already. i think i will just tinker with the one that is defective. hope you can advise how to run webupdater.

Comment

hi Jan, how do we run webupdater. i wont play with the other unit as i am happy with it already. i think i will just tinker with the one that is defective. hope you can advise how to run webupdater.
        google "download garmin webupdater" it's not defective by the way.. that's just the way garmin does things, some units do, some dont (most is dependent on region of sale and firmware version)
        How to get the upgraded map.

It's a sick world and I'm a happy man...

Comment

thanks Jan i will do that. i agree i dont think its defective. i jst wonder cause i got both units from the same source and same area. But i will do the garmin webupdater to see what happens.. wont it also be at the garmin website?

Comment

Jan, your recommendation is absolutely right!! everything is now in order. the updated unit actually performed better so i updated the other one too. There is something i noticed after the update that is intriguing, on the menu i saw 2 icons that looked useful, cities and coordinates. However, when i changed the map info to philippines only prior to having the us and the philippines checked, the icons disappeared never to reappear. What happened there. i think those features are good. i was actually able to access the cities icon before messing it up and it indicated the distances of cities here in the PH from where i was. Great. Also the coordinates feature allowed one to input coordinates and access a world map!!! this all appeared after the update! but diasappeared after changing the info. i tried changing back to no avail...you familiar with this? thanks again brother. i also tried reinstalling the update and i ended up with no disk space. hmmm what happened here?

Comment

Jan, your recommendation is absolutely right!! everything is now in order. the updated unit actually performed better so i updated the other one too. There is something i noticed after the update that is intriguing, on the menu i saw 2 icons that looked useful, cities and coordinates. However, when i changed the map info to philippines only prior to having the us and the philippines checked, the icons disappeared never to reappear. What happened there. i think those features are good. i was actually able to access the cities icon before messing it up and it indicated the distances of cities here in the PH from where i was. Great. Also the coordinates feature allowed one to input coordinates and access a world map!!! this all appeared after the update! but diasappeared after changing the info. i tried changing back to no avail...you familiar with this? thanks again brother. i also tried reinstalling the update and i ended up with no disk space. hmmm what happened here?
              Delete some of the language that you dont use. you could save atleast 300 to 500MB space after deleting the language that you don't need. Dont forget to make back up your entire Nuvi before start deleting files. I hope that will help you. That's what I did my other Nuvi 1490.

Comment

gps nuvi3760 garmin

hey guys.. i need to download philippines map here... where can i find it? im hoping for your kind reply.. im usin a garmin nuvi 3760

Comment

Working...
                X