Nuvi 265W Map

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nuvi 265W Map

Hi po mga sir! can i ask kung may ma do download ako n map for my garmin?
    salamat po

Originally posted by barbelistah View Post
    Hi po mga sir! can i ask kung may ma do download ako n map for my garmin?
    salamat po
    hi. welcome to roadguide.
    also, pls post in english as we have foreign members also.

as for your question, pls read the quote below. links are also included below. thanks to gtv.

Originally posted by gtv View Post
    You can get the maps here...

STANDARD

DEMO

CONTRIBUTOR

Map Loading Procedure

also click link for Navitel map
    Last edited by doki; 08-19-2011, 08:00.

Comment

Sir whats the difference between the standard an demo map? Since they are the only ones available for us to download. Also, how would I know if I have the latest or older map in my device?

Sorry for the noob questions. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by emcee View Post
        Sir whats the difference between the standard an demo map? Since they are the only ones available for us to download. Also, how would I know if I have the latest or older map in my device?

Sorry for the noob questions. Thanks
        hi emcee.

standard map is a map you can download and transfer to your device. but, this map is outdated. this only serves as a template map where you can load to your device while gathering tracks and waypoints.

demo map is the latest map where you can download but cannot transfer/upload to your device. this will only serve as viewing map for you to check if the waypoints and tracks you gathered is already on the latest working contributors map.

contributors map is the ultimate map where at present you cannot download.

but once you were able to contribute enough data, you have to send pm to the judge to chack if your data is already enough to earn contributor status and access to contributors map and unlock code.

goodluck sir.

Comment

So, the only way to get the latest updated map is to contribute first several waypoints? How about the map updates on Garmin's website? Also, how would I know the version of my map if it is the latest or older one?

Thanks for the reply.

Comment

So, the only way to get the latest updated map is to contribute first several waypoints?
            No.

How about the map updates on Garmin's website?
            It depends on your unit.

how would I know the version of my map if it is the latest or older one?
            Go to TOOLS, SETTINGS, MAP INFO

Comment

Sir what do you mean by "no" and "depends on my unit"?

Thanks

Comment

Sir what do you mean by "no" and "depends on my unit"?
                It means you can get the contributor map in many ways, not just through contributing waypoints. I suggest you read the newbie FAQs. All your questions about the contributor map will be answered there.

The update is only for those who purchased their nuvis from the official re-sellers.

Comment

@265w users

Anyone tried flashing to SG/MY firmware to enable junction view and lane assist? CN Philippines 2011.10 NT supports junction view

Comment

Working...
                  X