Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

checked it, there's no such file, and no such folder. i'll try creating a DEBUG folder and see if it'll get created...

and it seems to be a problem being experienced by others as well (based on my quick google across the net).

Comment

try doing the 1234 again and check
      Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
      - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

sigh... just tried it again. won't work. :-(

anyway it's okay, i'll still be able to contribute anyway.
        Last edited by chris2x; 05-03-2010, 16:09.

Comment

Originally posted by chris2x View Post
          sigh... just tried it again. won't work. :-(

anyway it's okay, i'll still be able to contribute anyway.
          dont give up this one works for me,

try remove the sd card from the unit and use card reader instead. inside your card you will see garmin folder and inside garmin folder is logs folder and whola there is your 1-sec track. extract it using wnutrack.

Comment

hmm, i haven't been using an SD card yet. let me try that...

Comment

nope, doesn't work. oh well.

Comment

Gps.bin

Newbie here.. I got lost in this thread.. i own a Nuvi255. do anyone of you guys know if there is a gps.bin for this? Can you help me out searching for it? I would like to help out in contributing tracks

Comment

Originally posted by melvz_ph View Post
                  Newbie here.. I got lost in this thread.. i own a Nuvi255. do anyone of you guys know if there is a gps.bin for this? Can you help me out searching for it? I would like to help out in contributing tracks
                  for 255w, yes there is gps.bin files stored at your /debug folder. however, you cannot open this directly at mapsource. you have to extract it from your unit first using wnutrak. this will extract and convert your gps.bin files to gpx format file which can now be opened by mapsource. all you have to do is point your input folder to debug folder of your unit and the output folder to your computer.

download wnutrak HERE

Comment

most of the times it's stored under the logs folder of the garmin
                    Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
                    - Bruce Lee

Comment

nope, doesn't work. oh well.
                      @chris- just keep trying. i also didnt have the gps.bin on the first few attempt before
                      - Bruce Lee

Comment

285w

i got a 285W and because of this site, i was able to use the 1sec tracking function...thanks a lot guys.

Comment

try and try until i ... never mind. will do! ;-)

Comment

try and try until i ... never mind. will do! ;-)
                            Hello there. I think we have the same problem. Mine too has no gps.bin. I do not have a debug folder in the root nuvi. When i use the wNutrak and input at the garmin/log folder.. message is 0 converted files.. HELP!!!!!!

Comment

same problem here with same unit ...

this is depressing...

i can't find the GPS.BIN as described in the how-to for this easter egg on my nuvi 255w (FW 6.20). all i could find is the nav.bin and traffic.bin files.

Comment

there are only two possible location for gps.bin
                                x:\garmin\log\yyyymmdd_hhmmss folder and x:\debug\yyyymmdd_hhmmss folder some units store it in internal memory others in sd card.

Comment

Working...
                                X