This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by doki View Post
    hi. i don't know if this helps but you might as well try. browse all folders on you nuvi. then look for gps.bin file (not folder), it is usually under a folder with a folder name that consists of numbers (ex "20100410_002858").
    what made me suggest doing this is that, when i bought my nuvi, i was looking for the Scrn folder indicated by the manual that should contain my screen shots. but wasn't able to find it, so what i did was browse all folders, then i found my screen shots at logs folder instead of the scrn folder indicated by the manual.
    I'm aware of the folder you are referring to, it's in the logs folder, there are 2 .bin files but no gps.bin. Still hoping the gps.bin would appear somehow.

Comment

855 Test/Diagnostic Menu

was able to find my way through Garmin Nuvi 855 Diagnostics/Test Menu

uses the same method as 1xxx series nuvi
      Attached Files

Comment

here's the menu settings, it only allow for 2 seconds tracks.

Attached Files

Comment

Help

I have the 765, which I converted to 1-sec, and I have 2 problems.

I get the annoying camera on the screen all the time, its a nuisance when trying to write an address in as it lays on top of the keys, I would love to hide or move the icon.

But the real problem is; I make the tracks, they sit in my Logs file and I run the latest version of Vnu and it creates the file on my harddrive, I click on mapsource to read. it sees the file, then it says that file "XXXXXX1234.gps" cannot be imported....
          So what am I doing wrong guys?
          Mapsource 6.15
          john
          Last edited by jnieurzyla; 07-27-2010, 04:21.

Comment

Originally posted by jnieurzyla View Post
            I have the 765, which I converted to 1-sec, and I have 2 problems.

I get the annoying camera on the screen all the time, its a nuisance when trying to write an address in as it lays on top of the keys, I would love to hide or move the icon.

But the real problem is; I make the tracks, they sit in my Logs file and I run the latest version of Vnu and it creates the file on my harddrive, I click on mapsource to read. it sees the file, then it says that file "XXXXXX1234.gps" cannot be imported....
            So what am I doing wrong guys?
            Mapsource 6.15
            john
            I have a Nuvi 500 with the same issue - when 1 sec logging is enabled, every time I turn on the unit, the camera is on-screen. You have to go into the Settings menu and turn it off.
            Regarding the conversion, try using wNutrak to convert.
            Experiencia Docet

Comment

One problem solved, now for the other

Thank you, the camera has gone.
              I do use wNutrak, it appears to do the conversion, but when I open the file in mapsource it comes up with the error.

Comment

Thank you, the camera has gone.
                I do use wNutrak, it appears to do the conversion, but when I open the file in mapsource it comes up with the error.
                what error?

use nutrack to extract the gps.bin file
                Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
                - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

I checked that there is a data in the bin file, did the conversion to gpx. The ran Mapsource error says "D:|20100717_030925.gpx" could not be imported.
                  I redownloaded wNutrak direct from their website.
                  IOts obviously something I am doing wrong, but what??

Comment

I checked that there is a data in the bin file, did the conversion to gpx. The ran Mapsource error says "D:|20100717_030925.gpx" could not be imported.
                    I redownloaded wNutrak direct from their website.
                    IOts obviously something I am doing wrong, but what??

do this:
                    with the GPSr plug in to the computer
                    inside the logs or debug folder, cut or copy the whole folder containing gps.bin and paste it to your computer.
                    then with the use of wnutrack, seach for the file(with the gps.bin) and extract it. it will create a gpx file
                    use the mapsource to open the gpx file
                    Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
                    - Bruce Lee

Comment

I did all you said, copy the file, use wntrax to load all the tracks and convert them to gpx, went all very well, its when attempt to open the gtx file in mapsource that's when the error message appears.
                      Ok, I have attached 3 files from my logs folder. If you try to convert and load the bin file into your map source, does it work?
                      I also uploaded a converted file gpx, can it be viewed in your map source?
                      This will narrow down to where the error could be.
                      Thank you
                      Attached Files

Comment

I did all you said, copy the file, use wntrax to load all the tracks and convert them to gpx, went all very well, its when attempt to open the gtx file in mapsource that's when the error message appears.
                        Ok, I have attached 3 files from my logs folder. If you try to convert and load the bin file into your map source, does it work?
                        I also uploaded a converted file gpx, can it be viewed in your map source?
                        This will narrow down to where the error could be.
                        Thank you

hmmm... indeed this is strange

i cannot use mapsource to open the file but it can be opened by mapedit

can you attach a log folder, zip it and upload it. (before the conversion)thanks
                        Last edited by hbt; 07-27-2010, 15:49.
                        - Bruce Lee

Comment

this is usually caused by unsupported properties/elements in the gpx file that is not supported by mapsource.

anyway, you can use gpsbabel to convert the gpx to a "mapsource-compatible" gpx. you can also use it to convert to and from different gps file formats(eg. bin, gdb, gpx, etc.)
                          got a question? google it or do a forum search.

Comment

I have rar my logs and attached them, I hope you are able to sort it out, tnx
                            John
                            Attached Files

Comment

I have rar my logs and attached them, I hope you are able to sort it out, tnx
                              John

hi kuya,

i select one of the folder 20100717 22413

and i found that there is nothing wrong with it

attach is the converted jpeg on mapsource

can you try and use this wnutrack instead: http://roadguide.ph/forums/showpost....6&postcount=15
                              Attached Files
                              - Bruce Lee

Comment

Ok, Thats it working, must a a problem with the latest wNut program, thank you .
                                Right back to work giving better tracking data.
                                I owe so many drinks to you guys,

Comment

Working...
                                X