This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chiefmizer View Post
    Thanks Doki for your help, but all I get is errors. Tried it in XP and Vista. What is the EB that some have mentioned?

VR

Rocky
    see this, in your neck of the woods as well...
    How to get the upgraded map.

It's a sick world and I'm a happy man...

Comment

Guys, what about for 3790? could anyone help me re: 1s tracklog feature.
      Thanks in advance.
      If there's a WHEEL, there's a WAY!

Comment

Originally posted by Loop View Post
        Guys, what about for 3790? could anyone help me re: 1s tracklog feature.
        Thanks in advance.

attend the eb and lets see... (no promises)
        Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
        - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Guys need your help in confirming the ff - have browsed through this thread several times - am i correct in the ff?

1.) In Nuvi 205w (firmware 7.20) you can see use 1234 sequence but no gps.bin log file in any folder (garmin/debug/reports - even in show hidden folders properties and in sd card) will be created even if you press on start recording button. This especially true in units with with HWID 1091 as kinyo has pointed out in his post:
          http://roadguide.ph/forums/showpost....&postcount=254 and posts thereafter.

2.) Even if i get a higher end model nuvi (2x5) or (7x5) because of the latest firmware (7.x where garmin has disabled the feature as Natsu pointed out http://roadguide.ph/forums/showpost....postcount=2613 and units with HWID 1091) i will still not be able to generate the gps.bin file?

3.) Will i be able to generate the gps.bin file if a downgrade to an earlier firmware (5.x) or earlier? (assuming i can find it).

thanks.
          Last edited by registrar; 06-27-2011, 10:29.

Comment

I'm using firmware v7.20 with HWID 0827.

1-sec tracks still work.

It's really just the HWID 1091 that sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by gtv View Post
              I'm using firmware v7.20 with HWID 0827.

1-sec tracks still work.

It's really just the HWID 1091 that sucks.
              @gtv -Thanks - will go with the 265w since at least i have confirmation that it works.

Comment

1 sec track files - Macbook user :-(

I have a 1490LMT & using with Basecamp & Macbook Pro. My head is starting to hurt here as I just cannot download the 1 sec track log to Basecamp, although I can see the tracks have been stored somewhere as GPX files on the GPS unit via diagnostic mode - (for example: 20120807_022250.gpx). I thought it may have stored them on the current.gpx file - but not there,nor temp.gpx ? no problem with importing trip logs they are all there....any assistance welcomed !

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Onion View Post
                  I have a 1490LMT & using with Basecamp & Macbook Pro. My head is starting to hurt here as I just cannot download the 1 sec track log to Basecamp, although I can see the tracks have been stored somewhere as GPX files on the GPS unit via diagnostic mode - (for example: 20120807_022250.gpx). I thought it may have stored them on the current.gpx file - but not there,nor temp.gpx ? no problem with importing trip logs they are all there....any assistance welcomed !
                  try this http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=4154

Comment

thks for reply

Originally posted by Kutzer View Post
                    but this info applies only to a PC - Mac is totally different operating system. But I have managed to access the log file using my standby PC notebook - no problem finding the hidden GPX log file and transferring to the Mac which can read these files. It's a roundabout way of doing things but will suffice for the time being....

Comment

Many thanks for the reply but this only relates to PC based machines - Mac has completely different operating system. For the time being ive resolved the matter by using my standby PC notebook & then transferring GPX file to the Mac. I will endeavour to find the answer and post when i have.

Comment

Ok sorted for any Mac users if using Garmin (not sure for any other makes but will probably work).

Connect the GPS unit to your Mac and it will appear on the desktop - icon named Garmin. Open the icon in the Finder so that the window showing its contents is active.

Use the Finder command Go > Go to Folder and type the following in the box that appears

.system

You will now be looking at a list of files in the .system folder and there you will find the log folder.

Comment

I have Nuvi 2360LT. The 1s tracklog feature works but when I select "Start Recording" it is giving me options:

Log Types: (BIN and/or GPX)
                          Binary: (PSN, GPS, NAV Routes, Traffic, ecoRoute, Sensors)

Which of the following will help in contributing track logs for reference?

Comment

Originally posted by drigs30 View Post
                            i have nuvi 2360lt. The 1s tracklog feature works but when i select "start recording" it is giving me options:

Log types: (bin and/or gpx)
                            binary: (psn, gps, nav routes, traffic, ecoroute, sensors)

which of the following will help in contributing track logs for reference?
                            gpx
                            Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
                            - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Need help to download map in GPS

I'm very new in the site and I'm looking to download map in my GPS garmin nuvi. Just to let you know I'm not computer geek so please help me. Thanks much.

Comment

Originally posted by doki View Post
                                while i was fixing a friend's unit (nuvi 1200). i discovered this.
                                maybe this will help those who can activate their 1-sec track but cannot extract because they cannot find their logs folder despite setting the windows to show hidden files.

DRIVE H: may vary depending on what drive letter your garmin will appear on your windows.

How do i set up my computer to show hidden files? do i just have to click the Drive letter everytime to get to the Systems folder if i want to view my Logs file?

Comment

Working...
                                X