This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by archhaydz View Post
    Thanks Suntzu, i finally saw the gps bin in debug folder, and tried to paste it in my logs together with nav bin & traffic bin and conversion finally works in wNutrak. I finally saw the easter egg works! :thumb
    Why do you need to look for gps bin files? What does it do?
    Im also using wNutrak but I just point it to //garmin/logs and all tracks are converted in one click.
    FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

Originally posted by Reiji0463 View Post
      Why do you need to look for gps bin files? What does it do?
      Im also using wNutrak but I just point it to //garmin/logs and all tracks are converted in one click.
      Hi Reiji,

Not all gps.bin's are saved in "/garmin/logs" folder. If you can't find gps.bin there, then 100% sure that it's in the "root folder/debug" folder.

gps.bin contains our hidden 1-sec track log. Currently, we don't care about nav.bin and traffic.bin. Even wNutrack cares only about gps.bin.

Just fyi.
      SMS Machine • PictureSMS • SMS Commander • BattLogger • TraceCrash • MemoManager • vCardManager

Suntzu Software for Palm Treo

www.suntzu-software.com

Comment

Originally posted by Suntzu View Post
        Hi Reiji,

Not all gps.bin's are saved in "/garmin/logs" folder. If you can't find gps.bin there, then 100% sure that it's in the "root folder/debug" folder.

gps.bin contains our hidden 1-sec track log. Currently, we don't care about nav.bin and traffic.bin. Even wNutrack cares only about gps.bin.

Just fyi.
        Really? Will try to check it.
        But with my current way, all my 1-sec track logs are also converted to gpx.

Comment

Just finished reading the whole thread and I'm confirming the 1s tracklog feature is working on the 265WT... Thanks...

Comment

Originally posted by razorspells View Post
            Just finished reading the whole thread and I'm confirming the 1s tracklog feature is working on the 265WT... Thanks...
            hi sir,

AFAIK, all nuvis models that ends with 5 can track the easter egg

good day to you sir
            Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
            - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

If I set my 265WT to 1 second tracking and need to revert to whatever the norm is later how would I do it? Or does it revert every time you switch off or something?

Comment

Hi Skywoolf, it does revert back.. so you have to do it again if you want to use that feature...

Originally posted by Skywoolf View Post
                If I set my 265WT to 1 second tracking and need to revert to whatever the norm is later how would I do it? Or does it revert every time you switch off or something?

Comment

OK thanks. That means I can just activate it when I am ready to do an accurate track. Meanwhile I will be adding POIs and noting errors.

Comment

hi skywoolf.
                    recording tracks and 1sec easter logs is different.
                    if your nuvi is capable of both, recording tracks is always recorded when you turn on your nuvi. while, easter logs is turned on by 1-2-3-4 key.
                    so even if easter logs is turned, normal recorded tracks is still there.
                    normal recorded tracks can be downloaded to mapsource using "received from device" button while easter logs will be needing wNutrak.
                    if you have easter logs, you wont need your normal tracks.
                    HTH.

Comment

hi sir,

and just to add... if you want to stop recording, just press the stop sign on the screen.

btw.... if you are in a place where there is no street on the map, you cannot record the easter. record the easter before going in the blank space map

good day sir
                      Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
                      - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Originally posted by hbt View Post
                        hi sir,

and just to add... if you want to stop recording, just press the stop sign on the screen.

btw.... if you are in a place where there is no street on the map, you cannot record the easter. record the easter before going in the blank space map

good day sir
                        in my case, i dont press stop sign. i just turn it off, and when i turn it on, it will automatically start recording again. i just see to it to DL all easter tracks once every week to save mem space.

Comment

normal recorded tracks can be downloaded to mapsource using "received from device" button while easter logs will be needing wNutrak.
                          if you have easter logs, you wont need your normal tracks.
                          HTH.
                          I am amazed at the number of different application programs needed to transfer files to and from the GPS, edit them etc.

I will look for a Mac equivalent of wNutrack but if there are none I guess I will not be able to contribute much.

Comment

1 second logging on Nuvi 500

Just to let the group know that the easter egg works on the Nuvi 500. As also stated before, if the Stop button is pushed to stop logging, the easter egg has to be re-done in order to resume logging. But, if you turn the device off without pushing the stop button, logging resumes on a new track when the device is restarted.
                            Experiencia Docet

Comment

I am amazed at the number of different application programs needed to transfer files to and from the GPS, edit them etc.

I will look for a Mac equivalent of wNutrack but if there are none I guess I will not be able to contribute much.
                              You might be interested in checking this out... another way to contribute even without using a gps http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=22... HTH

Comment

in my case, i dont press stop sign. i just turn it off, and when i turn it on, it will automatically start recording again. i just see to it to DL all easter tracks once every week to save mem space.
                                nice tip!

i had mine working just last night and started recording tracks on my way home from eb...
                                - Lost No More -

Comment

Working...
                                X