This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jspalaroan View Post
    this is very informative . i have several tracks to contribute next week.

Also be sure to activate the where am I feature if you are still in the major highways/ intersection as in my experience, if you in an unpaved or no road (not in a map) , its difficult to activate the 1 sec interval as there is no way you can perform the 4 steps.
    I stand corrected on this, yes, you can still activate & perform the 4 steps even there is no road at all

Comment

I stand corrected on this, yes, you can still activate & perform the 4 steps even there is no road at all
      sir jim,
      just to add:
      easter egg track log is not affected by "off/on road" settings. it does not recognize the map when recording. it records direct locations every 1-sec.

as for me, i have never stop my easter egg recording...once i switch on, it begins recording. then dl the tracks every week to avoid mem full.
      FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

Originally posted by Reiji0463 View Post
        sir jim,
        just to add:
        easter egg track log is not affected by "off/on road" settings. it does not recognize the map when recording. it records direct locations every 1-sec.

as for me, i have never stop my easter egg recording...once i switch on, it begins recording. then dl the tracks every week to avoid mem full.
        And to add further, if you do not have a satellite lock, you cannot activate the easter egg, you will see the start recording and start playback but the start recording is grayed out

Comment

And to add further, if you do not have a satellite lock, you cannot activate the easter egg, you will see the start recording and start playback but the start recording is grayed out
          sir jim,
          if you leave easter egg on before you turn off, it will auto start when turned on again without waiting for satellite signal lock.

Comment

sir jim,
            if you leave easter egg on before you turn off, it will auto start when turned on again without waiting for satellite signal lock.
            correct, however I usually select the tracks to be recorded (so need to turn on/off) i.e. tracks which I suspect not yet in map (which means remote areas)
            Last edited by jspalaroan; 10-20-2009, 21:52. Reason: need to add addl words

Comment

I just got my 765TWN the other day and its been 2 sleepless nights. haha
              Here's how to to access logging control that will enable you to capture 1 sec tracks.

Follow the link here http://malfreemaps.com/viewtopic.php?p=30843

I passed by some roads in Kamuning (where most tailors are) and the streets are not in the map. Looking forward to getting those tracks for roadguide contribution.

Tips:

1. Calibrate your nuvi properly as this will require you to press on specific areas.
              2. Tap on "are", "are", "dre" and "sec" in the words nearest, nearest, address and intersection on the where am I page. Start from the "are" of Nearest Intersection then to the "are" of Nearest Address, then to "dre" of address then "sec" of intersection.
              3. If you have to access the hidden page again, you have to exit then reenter Where Am I and do the press sequence again.

Comment

Originally posted by MFB View Post
                Here's how to to access logging control that will enable you to capture 1 sec tracks.

I passed by some roads in Kamuning (where most tailors are) and the streets are not in the map. Looking forward to getting those tracks for roadguide contribution.

Tips:

1. Calibrate your nuvi properly as this will require you to press on specific areas.
                2. Tap on "are", "are", "dre" and "sec" in the words nearest, nearest, address and intersection on the where am I page. Start from the "are" of Nearest Intersection then to the "are" of Nearest Address, then to "dre" of address then "sec" of intersection.
                3. If you have to access the hidden page again, you have to exit then reenter Where Am I and do the press sequence again.
                hi sir MFB,
                actually the instructions are on the first few page of the thread
                http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=384&page=2

good day to you sir
                Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
                - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Originally posted by MFB View Post

Tips:

make sure to compare your tracks with demo map 108.

Comment

Roads in k-5 kamuning where the tailors are is not present. Initially I couldnt get it to work since just used the standard screen calibration. Hope the tips I posted help those with the new nuvi models.

Comment

Hello, newbie here.

Just got my nuvi 1250T a couple of days ago. Had a few problems getting maps into it because of firmware problems which are on another thread. Now I'm ready to try tracking but I've hit another hurdle. I think the easter egg is not compatible with my 1250T. Anyone know if my unit is compatible?

My "Where Am I?" screen is similar but not the same:

is there supposed to be some response when you press the 1234 areas like a beep? I've pressing for a couple of days now when I have full satellite signal and am about to give up. So does that mean hanggang waypoints nalang contribution ko? TIA

Comment

Originally posted by jhermano View Post
                        Hello, newbie here.

Just got my nuvi 1250T a couple of days ago. Had a few problems getting maps into it because of firmware problems which are on another thread. Now I'm ready to try tracking but I've hit another hurdle. I think the easter egg is not compatible with my 1250T. Anyone know if my unit is compatible?

is there supposed to be some response when you press the 1234 areas like a beep? I've pressing for a couple of days now when I have full satellite signal and am about to give up. So does that mean hanggang waypoints nalang contribution ko? TIA
                        after pressing 1234, two buttons will be visible, one button say start recording and the other stop recording, start button should be highlighted, when pressed display will go back to 3D map and a timer will be indicated at mid top portion with a stop button beside.
                        if it doesnt work, try to go back to menu page and press where i am again, then do 1234, and be careful not to press adjacent area.

Comment

after pressing 1234, two buttons will be visible, one button say start recording and the other stop recording, start button should be highlighted, when pressed display will go back to 3D map and a timer will be indicated at mid top portion with a stop button beside.
                          if it doesnt work, try to go back to menu page and press where i am again, then do 1234, and be careful not to press adjacent area.
                          and after doing these, if your screen doesnt show the start recording then im sorry but your unit is not equipt with the 1 sec. track record

God Bless
                          Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
                          - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Hello, newbie here.

on your screen shot, (my location box) Press lower left, then press upper left, then upper right, then lower right. Usually you will see an HOUR glass when you do the 1, 2, 3 4 steps (this is the response/indication you are asking). It should go to the next screen which means you can now record. If it fails, you HAVE to go back to the where am I feature (not your posted screenshot ) and repeat again. Kindly try again as this is a trial and error basis. Try it several times and hope you can activate it . once you finally activate this feature, you'll get used to it. (in my case I can activate this feature even I'm mobile).. If it has no feature of easter egg, some users downgrade their firmware with another firmware just to have this feature. But your unit is latest one so pls try again. don't forget that sattelite lock is important before doing the steps
                            Last edited by jspalaroan; 11-12-2009, 18:44. Reason: add few words

Comment

on your screen shot, (my location box) Press lower left, then press upper left, then upper right, then lower right. Usually you will see an HOUR glass when you do the 1, 2, 3 4 steps (this is the response/indication you are asking). It should go to the next screen which means you can now record. If it fails, you HAVE to go back to the where am I feature (not your posted screenshot ) and repeat again. Kindly try again as this is a trial and error basis. Try it several times and hope you can activate it . once you finally activate this feature, you'll get used to it. (in my case I can activate this feature even I'm mobile).. If it has no feature of easter egg, some users downgrade their firmware with another firmware just to have this feature. But your unit is latest one so pls try again. don't forget that sattelite lock is important before doing the steps
                              Sir, your instructions are to press the corners of the box and not the words? Do you know that this is specific to my screen? Kahapon pa ako pindot ng pindot. Yes i go back to the menu screen before trying again. Yes I have satellite lock. Oh well... Will just keep trying...

Added:
                              I just read a thread about a guy with a 1300 who cant activate the tracking either. Dasal nalang ako na may maka hanap ng bagong easter egg. bummer
                              Last edited by jhermano; 11-13-2009, 08:07.

Comment

Sir, your instructions are to press the corners of the box and not the words? Do you know that this is specific to my screen? Kahapon pa ako pindot ng pindot. Yes i go back to the menu screen before trying again. Yes I have satellite lock. Oh well... Will just keep trying...

Added:
                                I just read a thread about a guy with a 1300 who cant activate the tracking either. Dasal nalang ako na may maka hanap ng bagong easter egg. bummer
                                actually as long as you start from bottom left, up,upper right & down. Hope you can find solution

Comment

Working...
                                X