X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jhermano View Post
    Hello, newbie here.

Just got my nuvi 1250T a couple of days ago. Had a few problems getting maps into it because of firmware problems which are on another thread. Now I'm ready to try tracking but I've hit another hurdle. I think the easter egg is not compatible with my 1250T. Anyone know if my unit is compatible?

My "Where Am I?" screen is similar but not the same:

is there supposed to be some response when you press the 1234 areas like a beep? I've pressing for a couple of days now when I have full satellite signal and am about to give up. So does that mean hanggang waypoints nalang contribution ko? TIA
    i think the newer 1xxx units doesn't have the 1s tracklog feature. this confirmed with my unit. or maybe they changed the sequence on how to activate it? so i guess for those about to buy units, it's a choice between the newer feature of cityXplorer maps "pedestrian feature" or the 1s tracklog with the older units
    no waypoint left unturned

Comment

1s tracklog for 13xx series
      press the speed on the lower right in navigation screen > press speedometer gauge for few secs > press diagnostic logging >
      done this in 1370t, i think this will work in other 1xxx series HTH
      Last edited by elx221; 11-29-2009, 17:01. Reason: add message

Comment

Originally posted by elx221 View Post
        press the speed on the lower right in navigation screen > press speedometer gauge for few secs > press diagnostic logging >
        successfully done it on my 1300, but when i tried it on a nuvifone, a compass shows rather than a speedometer and no diagnostic logging

Comment

I've seen my diagnostic log on my 1200, but how to you retrieve the log. cause i checked it on my tracks it's not there? and how do you delete the log on your device. It has playback function but i can't figure out how it works?

Comment

Originally posted by highwaytrooper View Post
            I've seen my diagnostic log on my 1200, but how to you retrieve the log. cause i checked it on my tracks it's not there? and how do you delete the log on your device. It has playback function but i can't figure out how it works?
            I think diagnostic log is different from 1 sec log. Diagnostic log can be exported in excel or other files, this is for advance users. As in the case of retrieving the diagnostic logs you have to export it in other format(excel or others).
            1 sec log is the 1 sec tracks that we are interested for submission. This is the one with the playback function (when 1 sec logging is activated) which can be retrieve in the folder " log" in your unit-Nuvi (in gpx format) and we open it via wNutrack. . To delete ,just highlight it and press delete By the way, I do not have a 1200 series so I may be wrong

Comment

press start recording, this will enable the 1sec track recording
              delete log : menu > my data > clear trip log
              tracks : menu > settings > trip log > show
              HTH

Comment

press start recording, this will enable the 1sec track recording
                delete log : menu > my data > clear trip log
                tracks : menu > settings > trip log > show
                HTH
                Hi elx221 , thanks for further clarification. What I have mentioned (for deletion) is when the unit is connected in the desktop, your's from the device itself which is correct. So I hope it helps highwaytrooper

Comment

i followed the guide on www.malfreemaps.com regarding track logs for conversion by wnutrak016a but my 1s tracks were saved in X:\debug folder and not in the X:\Garmin\Logs. BTW, the file you need to convert should be the gps.bin file.
                  Last edited by bunta510; 12-10-2009, 22:36.

Comment

Originally posted by jspalaroan View Post
                    Hi elx221 , thanks for further clarification. What I have mentioned (for deletion) is when the unit is connected in the desktop, your's from the device itself which is correct. So I hope it helps highwaytrooper
                    your welcome sir jspalaroan, thank you also for your instructions

Comment

Originally posted by bunta510 View Post
                      successfully done it on my 1300, but when i tried it on a nuvifone, a compass shows rather than a speedometer and no diagnostic logging
                      sorry for that sir bunta510, i thought it would work
                      will post if have the info

Comment

Originally posted by jspalaroan View Post
                        I think diagnostic log is different from 1 sec log. Diagnostic log can be exported in excel or other files, this is for advance users. As in the case of retrieving the diagnostic logs you have to export it in other format(excel or others).
                        1 sec log is the 1 sec tracks that we are interested for submission. This is the one with the playback function (when 1 sec logging is activated) which can be retrieve in the folder " log" in your unit-Nuvi (in gpx format) and we open it via wNutrack. . To delete ,just highlight it and press delete By the way, I do not have a 1200 series so I may be wrong
                        So you mean my nuvi 1200 is not capable of 1 sec. log, but there's aplayback function but it's not working, and i'm looking anywhere in my garmin for the debug folder or the log folder but cannot find any. but my log is stored on my garmin gps because when i put it on playback function it shows my recording. anybody has an idea?

Comment

So you mean my nuvi 1200 is not capable of 1 sec. log, but there's aplayback function but it's not working, and i'm looking anywhere in my garmin for the debug folder or the log folder but cannot find any. but my log is stored on my garmin gps because when i put it on playback function it shows my recording. anybody has an idea?
                          Maybe. your situation might be similar as w/ Jhermano using 1200 series (he cannot activate the 1 sec track)inspite of various tries however Jhermano did not mentioned if he can access the recording/ playback feature i.e. I believe he can't while your unit can show the recording/playback but you cannot see also in the logs or debug folder

Comment

supposedly if your unit can playback what you recorded then theres a file.
                            try to look for the gps.bin
                            Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
                            - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Ok, I do have the diagnostic logging feature on my 1250, thanks elx221.

Unlike your 1 sec tracking feature, you don't even need a lock to activate it, it works even on simulated gps. You can record then there's a stop button on the map. when you select play log on the diagnostic screen, a list of logs named by date comes up but when you select a log you just see some info but no way to play (no play button).

If i download the tracks to mapsource, the tracks with the exact time as the diagnostic logs are there but it looks like any other track. I'm assuming a 1 sec log should have a lot more dots since I have never seen a 1 sec track.

Comment

Originally posted by jhermano View Post
                                Ok, I do have the diagnostic logging feature on my 1250, thanks elx221.

Unlike your 1 sec tracking feature, you don't even need a lock to activate it, it works even on simulated gps. You can record then there's a stop button on the map. when you select play log on the diagnostic screen, a list of logs named by date comes up but when you select a log you just see some info but no way to play (no play button).

If i download the tracks to mapsource, the tracks with the exact time as the diagnostic logs are there but it looks like any other track. I'm assuming a 1 sec log should have a lot more dots since I have never seen a 1 sec track.

hi sir jhermano,

just to correct. even on simulated mode you can activate the 1 sec. track feature. even if you dont have a lock.(but whats the use) hehehe
                                can you please post whats inside the logs folder of the nuvi unit.
                                1 sec. tracks have a lot of consistent dots. unlike ordinary nuvi tracks which is not consistent

thanks and good day
                                Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
                                - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Working...
                                X