Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was just checking if i could get to the diagnostic screen while inside to playback.

There is Logs Folder in my 1250. Folders are:
    • Garmin
    • GPX
    • Help
    • JPEG
    • Keyboards
    • Map
    • Reports
    • Screenshot
    • Text
    • Vehicle
    • Voice

The track with the exact date and time as the diagnostic recording has the same dot density as the regular tracks.

Comment

Originally posted by jhermano View Post
      Ok, I do have the diagnostic logging feature on my 1250, thanks elx221.

Unlike your 1 sec tracking feature, you don't even need a lock to activate it, it works even on simulated gps. You can record then there's a stop button on the map. when you select play log on the diagnostic screen, a list of logs named by date comes up but when you select a log you just see some info but no way to play (no play button).

If i download the tracks to mapsource, the tracks with the exact time as the diagnostic logs are there but it looks like any other track. I'm assuming a 1 sec log should have a lot more dots since I have never seen a 1 sec track.
      check leg time of your track in mapsource.
      open in mapsource, double click on track, leg time should show 0:01.
      FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

Ok, I do have the diagnostic logging feature on my 1250, thanks elx221.

Unlike your 1 sec tracking feature, you don't even need a lock to activate it, it works even on simulated gps. You can record then there's a stop button on the map. when you select play log on the diagnostic screen, a list of logs named by date comes up but when you select a log you just see some info but no way to play (no play button).

If i download the tracks to mapsource, the tracks with the exact time as the diagnostic logs are there but it looks like any other track. I'm assuming a 1 sec log should have a lot more dots since I have never seen a 1 sec track.
        Finally found a way to download log of my 1200. you should go to tools, click the folder option, click view tab, and uncheck "hide protected Operating system". then you will see a .System folder double click it and you'll finally see the log folder. you can now convert your log into .gpx. Hope this helps.

Comment

Reiji0463:
          The legtime varies there are several 0:01 legs but there are also a few double digit legs.

Found the Logs folder. Thanks trooper.
          Where do I go for instructions on converting the .bin file to a format I can submit? thanks

Comment

Reiji0463:
            The legtime varies there are several 0:01 legs but there are also a few double digit legs.

Found the Logs folder. Thanks trooper.
            Where do I go for instructions on converting the .bin file to a format I can submit? thanks
            Download Wnutrak to convert .bin to .gpx

http://roadguide.ph/forums/showpost....6&postcount=44

Comment

[QUOTE=jhermano;20879]Ok, I do have the diagnostic logging feature on my 1250, thanks elx221.

ur welcome sir jhermano

Comment

any idea on nuvi 850? i might just be doing something just not right. or could it be any other combination?

Comment

Originally posted by spyghost View Post
                  any idea on nuvi 850? i might just be doing something just not right. or could it be any other combination?
                  spyghost of MyMitsu?

have you tried this:

http://www.malfreemaps.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3929
                  SMS Machine • PictureSMS • SMS Commander • BattLogger • TraceCrash • MemoManager • vCardManager

Suntzu Software for Palm Treo

www.suntzu-software.com

Comment

Originally posted by Suntzu View Post
                    spyghost of MyMitsu?

have you tried this:

http://www.malfreemaps.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3929
                    yup, same dude.

noob question... what's gps lock?

i just noticed something, after i do the 1 2 3 4 tap, my unit restarts itself after approximately a minute.

btw, is an external memory card such as a microsd mandatory for this 1s tracklogging?
                    Last edited by spyghost; 01-14-2010, 06:24.

Comment

Hi to all, I've almost loaded the 1s track log for nuvi 255w so i can start contributing but it prompted me that the update software is older than my current version. has anyone encountered this? thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by seandrick View Post
                        Hi to all, I've almost loaded the 1s track log for nuvi 255w so i can start contributing but it prompted me that the update software is older than my current version. has anyone encountered this? thanks.
                        check this first before modifying your firmware:
                        http://roadguide.ph/forums/showpost....9&postcount=11

Comment

alrite!

Originally posted by Reiji0463 View Post
                          check this first before modifying your firmware:
                          http://roadguide.ph/forums/showpost....9&postcount=11
                          sweet! thanks for that info. it worked for my 255w. no need to update then. thanks again!

Comment

sweet! thanks for that info. it worked for my 255w. no need to update then. thanks again!
                            do you have an external memory on your nuvi? what size?

Comment

hi seandrick.
                              just one request...could you update your profile on gps unit...it shows xenon nav only. pls add nuvi255w. tia.

Comment

gps lock is if you get a good signal from satellites. Usually 3 or more green bars on the status bar.
                                Originally posted by spyghost View Post
                                yup, same dude.

noob question... what's gps lock?

i just noticed something, after i do the 1 2 3 4 tap, my unit restarts itself after approximately a minute.

btw, is an external memory card such as a microsd mandatory for this 1s tracklogging?

Comment

Working...
                                X