This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i guess my nuvi does not have this feature.. too bad

i've see lots of missing roads that needs tracking...

Comment

Originally posted by spyghost View Post
      i guess my nuvi does not have this feature.. too bad

i've see lots of missing roads that needs tracking...
      for missing roads, non-1-sec track is acceptable.
      but make sure to compare it with demo map 109.
      FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

Hello,

I have this problem (started from the uploads thread, moving here) on my Nuvi 205w 1-sec tracking. I got the easter egg working, tap the start recording button, the stop buttoon started to appear, and there is a small timer beside it, and a camera button somewhere within the screen.

When I click stop, recording will stop, timer will stop, camera icon still there.

Turned it off, connect to the PC, browse the folders. There are only 2, Garmin and Reports, no debug folder, I am also certain that "show hidden files" is enabled.

Inside Garmin\logs, there are folders with datexxxxxx, and inside are traffic.bin and nav.bin. No gps.bin in sight. Did a search everywhere for the gps.bin, nowhere to be found.

GPS is Garmin Nuvi 205w, bought last month, no SD card.

Anyone encountered the same problem?

Wayfaring Man

Comment

try to look for the gps.bin. without that the record is a failure
          Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
          - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Originally posted by hbt View Post
            try to look for the gps.bin. without that the record is a failure
            Nope, gps.bin is nowhere to be found in the entire Nuvi drive.

Wayfaring Man

Comment

Originally posted by wayfaringman View Post
              Hello,

I have this problem (started from the uploads thread, moving here) on my Nuvi 205w 1-sec tracking. I got the easter egg working, tap the start recording button, the stop buttoon started to appear, and there is a small timer beside it, and a camera button somewhere within the screen.

When I click stop, recording will stop, timer will stop, camera icon still there.

Turned it off, connect to the PC, browse the folders. There are only 2, Garmin and Reports, no debug folder, I am also certain that "show hidden files" is enabled.

Inside Garmin\logs, there are folders with datexxxxxx, and inside are traffic.bin and nav.bin. No gps.bin in sight. Did a search everywhere for the gps.bin, nowhere to be found.

GPS is Garmin Nuvi 205w, bought last month, no SD card.

Anyone encountered the same problem?

Wayfaring Man
              use wnutrak. point input to /garmin/log folder.
              output is any folder you want then convert.
              there should be multiple gpx file created in output folder.

Comment

Originally posted by Reiji0463 View Post
                use wnutrak. point input to /garmin/log folder.
                output is any folder you want then convert.
                there should be multiple gpx file created in output folder.
                Hi Reiji0463,

Did that too, wnutrak says "0 files converted"

wayfaring Man

Comment

Hi Reiji0463,

wayfaring Man

without gps.bin nutrak cant convert. actually this happens to me before but i just keep trying and it just came out. dont know what happen also.
                  Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
                  - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Hi Reiji0463,

wayfaring Man
                    im afraid your log is corrupted.
                    it happens sometime due to weak signal or abrupt turning off of unit.

master hbt can take a look at your unit if you can attend next week's EB.

Comment

Originally posted by Reiji0463 View Post
                      im afraid your log is corrupted.
                      it happens sometime due to weak signal or abrupt turning off of unit.

master hbt can take a look at your unit if you can attend next week's EB.

Looks like the culprit is the software, version 5.80.

Wayfaring Man

Comment

1s on nuvi 1300

Originally posted by highwaytrooper View Post
                        Finally found a way to download log of my 1200. you should go to tools, click the folder option, click view tab, and uncheck "hide protected Operating system". then you will see a .System folder double click it and you'll finally see the log folder. you can now convert your log into .gpx. Hope this helps.

Hi, I just got a 1300. I found the easter egg same as 1200. But after recording the track, I can't find the uncheck "hide protected Operation system" in my garmin.

I don't how to retrieve the log folder from my garmin to the mapsource.

Comment

Updated our nuvi 255W from v6.0 to v6.2 just this afternoon in the hope that the recorded 1sec tracks can be extracted by wnutcracker. However still no luck, no gps.bin files show therefore no files converted to gpx by wnutcracker. Can't see the debug folder the others have been writing about & where the gps.bin file is supposed to be at. I've activated track recording & the pc win explorer set to show system & hidden files. Anybody know how i can extract them 1sec tracks from a 255W? TIA

Comment

Originally posted by Borgie View Post
                            Updated our nuvi 255W from v6.0 to v6.2 just this afternoon in the hope that the recorded 1sec tracks can be extracted by wnutcracker. However still no luck, no gps.bin files show therefore no files converted to gpx by wnutcracker. Can't see the debug folder the others have been writing about & where the gps.bin file is supposed to be at. I've activated track recording & the pc win explorer set to show system & hidden files. Anybody know how i can extract them 1sec tracks from a 255W? TIA
                            lets fek around with that thing.... ugma pm?
                            How to get the upgraded map.

It's a sick world and I'm a happy man...

Comment

on my end.. I also updated to 6.20 today and I checked the 1s track log feature and it's still working and the debug folder and bin files are still there - my unit is 265WT
                              Last edited by razorspells; 02-10-2010, 18:57.

Comment

try using wnutracker. Go to the nuvi hard drive and look for the logs folder. It should be in .system

Comment

Working...
                                X