Garmin Nuvi products that are NTC certified

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Garmin Nuvi products that are NTC certified

Hi guys, quick questions about the Nuvi. What is the difference between the imported nuvi products and the nuvi that the local stores sell? Ive seen one in Blade, the box has the Philippine flag image, and the unit has NTC seal. Also, how about the preloaded map on the local unit and the updates on the main Garmin's site? Does it differ from the contributors / standard map here?

TIA!

Originally posted by emcee View Post
    Also, how about the preloaded map on the local unit and the updates on the main Garmin's site? Does it differ from the contributors / standard map here?

TIA!
    yes its different.
    FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

i didnt know that garmin gps units required NTC seal and approval

does this mean that units without the NTC seal are subject to confiscation by the NTC?

Comment

Originally posted by iceColdgin View Post
        i didnt know that garmin gps units required NTC seal and approval

does this mean that units without the NTC seal are subject to confiscation by the NTC?

I hope not...

Sent from Earth using Tapatalk

Comment

Most GPS units are receivers only, thus our acronym GPSR R for Receiver. So should not be under NTC at all coz they do not broadcast.

However units with Bluetooth do broadcast, so those will fall under NTC.

TTFN
          Arvin

Comment

Originally posted by emcee View Post
            Hi guys, quick questions about the Nuvi. What is the difference between the imported nuvi products and the nuvi that the local stores sell? Ive seen one in Blade, the box has the Philippine flag image, and the unit has NTC seal. Also, how about the preloaded map on the local unit and the updates on the main Garmin's site? Does it differ from the contributors / standard map here?

TIA!
            Is this the Nuvi 1360 model with Ph.flag selling @P11,400? Try to ask for a demo first then check what preloaded map are installed...OSM or RG map?
            If there's a WHEEL, there's a WAY!

Comment

Originally posted by arvin555 View Post
              Most GPS units are receivers only, thus our acronym GPSR R for Receiver. So should not be under NTC at all coz they do not broadcast.

However units with Bluetooth do broadcast, so those will fall under NTC.

TTFN
              Arvin
              Anything using radio frequencies be it transmit or receive is under the NTC. You'll be surprised as to what type of license you'd need to possess one of those all band multi-mode receivers.
              I am but a figment of your imagination... with a post count of 9999 or greater.

Comment

Originally posted by Loop View Post
                Is this the Nuvi 1360 model with Ph.flag selling @P11,400? Try to ask for a demo first then check what preloaded map are installed...OSM or RG map?
                The preloaded map is CN Philippines NT

Comment

Originally posted by Tofu View Post
                  Anything using radio frequencies be it transmit or receive is under the NTC. You'll be surprised as to what type of license you'd need to possess one of those all band multi-mode receivers.
                  so these garmin units that have no NTC licenses can be subject to confiscation?

Comment

My understanding also these Garmin GPS are considered certifed CE (consumer electronics) equipment and doesn't require any license.

Any other thoughts/ideas?

Comment

Anything using radio frequencies be it transmit or receive is under the NTC.
                      Yes I agree and I stand corrected. I should not have said "under NTC" I should have said "not necessary for licensing or approval from NTC".

What I mean is that as long as it only receives Radio Frequency (RF) and within the approved frequencies, then no need for permits or license.

Case in point, Car Radio receivers, TV sets, etc. But once it transmits signal, then it almost surely will need NTC approval.

In case of our GPSR, I don't think confiscation should be feared. If ever they will regulate it in the future, the first thing they will do is offer amnesty. But let's stop scaring ourselves. Regular GPSRs do not need NTC licensing. Only those with Bluetooth.

TTFN
                      Arvin

Comment

Working...
                      X