Garmin Nuvi 1450

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Garmin Nuvi 1450

Hello guys, recently bought a Garmin 1450 from a local internet seller here in Manila. At first, I was happy because of the features, big screen, and of course, the functionality of GPS itself. After then when I got home, I updated the device to its latest firmware via Webupdater. Day after, I saw a stuck green pixel, and when simulating route to junctions, when I press junction view, it crashes. Also, when I plug it in PC via USB, it doesn't charge..

Tried asking the seller for a replacement, he said that it isn't covered anymore because I updated the FW.

I think I know why your GPS crashed on junction view.

What map (and version) were you using when it crashed?

Comment

Map is CN Philippines NT 2011.30

Comment

I forgot to ask which firmware you are using.....

...but US nuvis are normally not compatible with the new CN Philippines NT Junction view.

You should just get a message like...

"This model does not support Phillippine JCVs, please contact garmin etc etc...."

but some models are known to freeze and in your case crash/reboot...

Comment

Found a way, tried flashing my 1450 to PH firmware.. Everything became successful.. But after a while of experimenting again, it bricked my GPSr. Good thing found a solution. Whew. Never gonna do that again

Comment

I thought latest firmware for the 1400 series is version 5.40 using webupdater?

Comment

Originally posted by emcee View Post
              Found a way, tried flashing my 1450 to PH firmware.. Everything became successful.. But after a while of experimenting again, it bricked my GPSr. Good thing found a solution. Whew. Never gonna do that again
              That's odd. It works fine on the 2 PH conversions I did...

Comment

Yes, via updater is 5.40 but for US firmware only (doesn't support PH JCV)

Now its working, I just didn't return back the GUPDATE.gcd thing to the System folder of GPSr. Notice some differences on the unit also. Dunno if I did it right

Comment

I'm glad you got it sorted out.

Comment

Garmin Nuvi 1450 LMT bought from the US

Hi guys. Just came home from a 2 month trip to the U.S. Bought a Garmin Nuvi 1450LMT from the US. how can i transfer philippine maps? newbie here. Thanks.

Comment

Hi. New member. I bought Garmin nuvi 1450 in Germany and i wanted to install Philippine map. How to do it? Where I can down load Philippine map? Any instructions? Thanks in advance.
                      Last edited by Jhun Gallardo; 10-23-2011, 08:12.

Comment

Welcome to RG Jhun,

A relative of mine just got a 1450 and that sure is a big ass display unit, nice, congrats!

Please visit the FAQ page for answers to your question, if you have additional questions please post here in your thread.

http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=1526

TTFN
                        Arvin

Comment

Working...
                        X