need help with my 255W

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need help with my 255W

my nuvi 255w seems to have hanged displaying garmin flash screen. it doesn't want to turn off either. i think it happened when i turned the engine off, and on in quick succession. have you experienced this? do i just wait for the battery to run out, and recharge? i hope its not a serious problem.

Try doing a hard reset by holding on the power button for 5 secs or until ur unit resets

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That which is above is also that which is below - Emerald Tablet of Hermes Trismegistus

Love and Light - Zohar

Comment

I have experienced this with my 1350 sometime ago.

Did not know that holding down the power button caused a reset, but I have done this, and had worked some times.

Otherwise I have experienced waiting for the battery to drain and when I recharged again thankfully it was back to normal!

Good luck!

It does not happen to my unit that often anymore, I did not do anything special though, other than I have stopped putting maps on my microSD card, not because of the glitch but for other reasons, am not sure if it is in any way connected or not. Also I only turn on 1sec logging when I know I need to, unlike before that it is always turned on.

TTFN
      Arvin

Comment

Originally posted by madjohn View Post
        my nuvi 255w seems to have hanged displaying garmin flash screen. it doesn't want to turn off either. i think it happened when i turned the engine off, and on in quick succession. have you experienced this? do i just wait for the battery to run out, and recharge? i hope its not a serious problem.
        it also happens this to my 255w from time to time, resetting as per manual can be done by sliding the power button of the nuvi to the left and holding it for about 10 seconds, this will switch off the power to the nuvi. HTH

Comment

Working...
        X